Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When offline download goes to external storage spotify is running slow since last versions

When offline download goes to external storage spotify is running slow since last versions

Device:

Samsung Galaxy S10 + Samsung EvoPlus MicroSD 128GB

Problem:

Like 2 months ago I've been experiencing a very slow and laggy response from my Spotify app. I've tried so many things and finally found what's the problem.

Since one of the recent updates, if you have offline playlists into the sdcard/external storage spotify starts to do run those problems
- Slow to start
- Slow to access to playlists

- When you are able to see playlists, when tap to play, it hangs for 5-10 seconds.
- Sometimes hangs on black screen
- Killing app and starting again does not solve problem.

When uninstalled and installed again worked perfectly, when downloaded to internal storage still working perfectly. When moved downloaded playlists to external, started to run same problems.

Thought it was problem of my external sdcard, but runned some tests on it and it's performing and working perfectly. Already have some other data on it, also camera pics and videos goes to external and have no problems with them.

So, since last versions, there is some king of problem when accessing to playlists downloaded to extenal storage.

Can you have a look on it?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey there @rul3s,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and for sharing your research.

Could you check if Spotify is granted all Permissions in your phone's app settings? Also, make sure that no Battery or Performance optimization is enabled for Spotify, as this hinders the app's functionality on some phones.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts