Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is offline music stored?

Solved!

Where is offline music stored?

Where is offline music stored? Need to understand this to ensure the APP not in danger of overwriting something important. Also want to know what happens to that storage, once my premium runs out? Will i be able to clean that space up?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @percy07 

In most WP devices, downloaded content will be store in the main storage and we cant change. Whenever you toggle off an offline playlist or stop using premium, all offline content will be removed automatically.

Hope this help 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @percy07 

In most WP devices, downloaded content will be store in the main storage and we cant change. Whenever you toggle off an offline playlist or stop using premium, all offline content will be removed automatically.

Hope this help 🙂

Thanks PNC.. Looking for just a little more info than that.. Really need the File Name and Location it's being stored in, so that I can check that there are no space issues etc.. and perhaps make sure there nothing in harmsway..  I'd like to know the answer for all my devices.. Laptop, iphone, ipad if you have that info..

I have a further question for anyone who cares to answer.. After I have made something available offline.. Do I need to do anything else to ensure it is playing without using my download band width.. Intention is to make it available to offline while I am home and connected to my unlimited broadband, and play while im on the road, without impacting my very limited band width..

With desktop client, you can check the downloaded content folder by going to Edit > Preference > Cache > Location.

After I have made something available offline, you can go offline and listen. When you online, Spotify wont comsume the data again but it will use connection for updating infomation (play counts...)

Hope this help :).

Thanks.. can see it now.. 

This is what I was looking for.  Thanks!

i could not find the cache under preferences

Im not the expert, but my guess is within the AP ITSELF.

scroll down page

click on Show Advanced Settings

When you've become a premium user and choose to use the offline feature, all your songs and playlist will be stored depending on what storage you've chosen to store your data. It's whether on the phone memory or in the sd card storage setting. Hope I've helped, 💖

On a mac, offline files are stored in:

/Users/username/Documents/My Documents 

by default. 

On an iPhone, these files are stored in:

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/92153EEE-1D2E-4A5D-B0EA-940C86101D71/Library/Application Support/PersistentCache/Storage

also by default.

All offline spotify files are stored with a .file extention.  However, the "92153EEE-1D..." folder name may not be constant among all devices.

Suggested posts