Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why I find an album of 2001 in the "New Releases" section?

Why I find an album of 2001 in the "New Releases" section?

Hi

This is more a question rather than an idea?

But I was wondering why in the "New releases" section I find an album of 2001 (Rammstein - Mutter).

Is it an error?

Thank you!

Camillo

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 4.23.26 PM.png
3 Replies

Moved to the correct board 😉

Hello: I think it has more to do with that Rammstein's material has not been available to any legal streaming service, and so when their studio albums were added the system just added them in with the new releases for users who missed the app notices and email notices about their material available and could see them there as well. And maybe to make Rammstein a little more comfortable with the service experience that spotify went all out to make sure as many users knew their material had arrived in as many places possible. But this is just my views.

Yes, it must be like that, but the tag "New releases" is not correct; it should be more correct a "Last added" section.

I would expect to find in the "New releases" section the new released album ordered by album release date.

And I would add to the displayed metadata (Album and Artist) the release date (at least month and year).

I would also add the country of publication, so that I can filter on Italian releases only.

And also if it is a single, an E.P. or an album.

What do You think?

Best regards,

Camillo

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 5.05.20 PM.png

Suggested posts