Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why I quit spotify

Why I quit spotify

Is it me getting to old or are the hipster programmers of spotify doing an excellent job to complicate everything while hiding relevant functions? And I searched in the help section for relevant answers.

Spotify offers the world best music collection but fails to give access to it. There is a search for artist or title and you may browse a very limited collection, but genre search is next to impossible. You may find a blog post from 2013 with a list of genres you can print and hang on your wall only to guess which of the 900 genres may fit your music taste. Well, not to mention, spotify does not show how music is tagged.

I also have radio and public playlists, but apparently nobody can explain the difference? I do not think there is one.

However, if I find music I like, I may save it, follow it, star it or put it in a playlist. In some applications I also can store a favorite.Gee, get your wording right and decide what you want to offer the users!

As a result I the get a playlist "starred" and "rated with star", not sure were the difference is. The latter I can rename individually, but will loose content if I unstar a song in the starred playlist. So how would I know, which playlists are connected and why are they connected at all?

Sometimes I find an album in the starred section, sometimes all individual songs are starred, making it extremly messy and unlikely to browse it after a while. This is like having your complete music collection in one single folder on your drive.

I do not want to spend time on individual playlists. I seldom listen to single artists or albums. I want my music organized in genres which I can shuffle play.

Believe me, I like to read manuals. It helps me to get the most from a product. Here I get the feeling, spotify has not even understood their product or any ability to explain it.

And why do I have to login three times to access spotify, spotify web player and forum? Never heard of single sign on and LDAP?

I am just going back to plain old internet radio, which is sad, as this is just a software issue. But this makes all the difference. There is Google but not Altavista. There is Firefox but not Netscape. There is facebook but not StudiVZ. There is WhatsApp but no one uses Skype Messenger. Change or be forgotten.

0 Replies

Suggested posts