Premium

Country

Australia

Device

IPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When I’m sharing a Spotify Song Link it wont come up as a music player in Facebook anymore like it use to be??? What’s happen why you guys remove this Funktion from the shared link. Now it just opens the link instat of just easy play on Facebook like it use to be?

3 Replies

Hey @Evo7force, help's here. 

When you share a song on Facebook, others should see a preview and be able to listen to a sample of the song, and if they click on the song they should be redirected to the Spotify app/web player to listen to the full song. 

If you think this is something other people would like to have changed, you can submit an idea here. Other people can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

Hope that helps!

Hi Jimmy 

the sample listening on Facebook share does not work. It’s pretty much just a normal link for me without any sample listening when I share it on Facebook 

Hey there @Evo7force,

Thanks for clarifying this.

Just to confirm, does this occur in a certain browser? It's worth a try logging into your Facebook account on a different browser or an incognito/private window in your current browser and sharing a song in there as well.

If the issue doesn't persist in the incognito window, or a different browser, we'd recommend clearing the cache and cookies memory of your current browser. 

If the issue persits in a different browser or while incognito, it'd be really helpful if you could post a screenshot of what you see when you're sharing a song instead. Just make sure that no private/sensitive info is displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye on your reply.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts