Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I find podcasts on desktop?

Solved!

Why can't I find podcasts on desktop?

I can't find podcasts in the Windoows desktop client. Is that intentional or am I just missing something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Because spotify isn't concerned about user experience, as long as they keep making money they're not going to add features that users ask for.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hi there BarryN! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, podcasts and videos are not available on desktop right now. However, there is an idea for this in the Ideas Exchange board, you can vote for it and it might be implemented in Spotify. You can find this idea on this page.

Have a nice day and keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can't find them, however if you start listening on your phone whilst your desktop spotify is open you can press the "listen on desktop" that should play it on your PC.

Thanks for that suggestion! so easy... 

Why not??? Seems strange.

Hey @XViper16!

Podcasts aren't available on desktop right now. You can leave your comments on this idea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

I did not ask IF podcasts were available. I asked WHY.

Hey @XViper16!

I'm sorry, but I don't have access to that information. This idea is under consideration at Spotify. Keep an eye on the page for more updates. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

That's pretty frustrating, I just started listening to podcasts, I would like to be able to listen if I'm at my desk as well as on the road.  If they are available on the mobile verson, they should be on the desktop version.

you can just link it thru your laptop from your phone BOOM

Marked as solution

Because spotify isn't concerned about user experience, as long as they keep making money they're not going to add features that users ask for.

True... You can't find any podcasts on your desktop, but you can listen to it on your desktop if you find and start it on your phone and then choose to listen to it on your desktop. 

Podcasts are now on the Desktop 😄

Where? I'm currently on the deskop app now and see nothing except "Word" under overview.

It looks like a staggered roll out.

They are technically only available on the mobile apps, BUT if you start playing a podcast on your phone, and have spotify open in your desktop, then you can change your "listening to" from your phone to the desktop and access them from there.

When you play in your phone, it doesnot play in your desktop app if you are using linux. It will give you a prompt, but nothing will play. meh.

ok 

my solution was to search for "[podcast name] spotify" then follow the link from search results. 

spotify is a terrible user experience all around, not just on the web. 

I have the same problem. I am confused with the reason behind though.

It is hard to believe there is any technical obstacle for providing podcast on desktop version. Perhaps something to do with the legal restriction?

I just broke my phone and want to chill on my laptop listening to podcast. Spotify however added on to my frustraction from losing my phone.

Suggested posts