Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I play this artist's songs anymore?

Solved!

Why can't I play this artist's songs anymore?

Hi,

I have noticed that I cannot play any songs that a specific artist has created, so I searched online and saw a possibility that it is unavailable and it might come back, so I waited. All the songs are greyed out and not even can you play them on Spotify, you can't even find them on YouTube! It's like they have completely disappeared. Does anyone know what has happened? This has been going on for a few weeks now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Just_Random,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Availability of music on Spotify can vary over time and between countries according to licensing agreements between rights holders, such as artists and labels. Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. You can also feel free to contact the artist or record label with your query as well.

If the music by this artist that you’d like to listen to isn't on Spotify, it would be great for you to try these steps as well:

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Just_Random,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Availability of music on Spotify can vary over time and between countries according to licensing agreements between rights holders, such as artists and labels. Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. You can also feel free to contact the artist or record label with your query as well.

If the music by this artist that you’d like to listen to isn't on Spotify, it would be great for you to try these steps as well:

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Yeah, i have that error while i just want to listen to TRIGGER by DOTHØG. It just says that this content is gone...

Hi @nobodybutsomebody,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Availability of music on Spotify varies over time and between countries, depending on permissions from rights holders. If you can’t find something, it may appear (or reappear) soon though, since Spotify adds new content every day.

For more information on the matter, you can reach out to the artist or their record label on social media or via their website. And in the meantime, if you have this song as a file saved on your device, you can import it as a local file to Spotify by following these steps

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts