Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why did Spotify have to rename these tracks?

Why did Spotify have to rename these tracks?

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but: Why did Spotify rename the tracks on an album? This ordinarily wouldn't be an issue but I'm listening to classical era classical music where the song titles aren't exactly memorable. Specifically, I was listening to Joseph Haydn's string quartets, performed by The Angeles String Quartet. I very much like their interpretation. The name of the album is Haydn: Complete String Quartets. The titles used to be, for example, "String quartet number 10 in G major, opus 30, number 2, 1st movement, Allegro", something along those lines. I knew EXACTLY which number quartet or work in general it was, what tonality, what opus number and number and exactly what the movement was and tempo. Now they renamed the whole album so that it's only the movement number and tempo. I have no idea which string quartet it is! It's only "1. Presto", "2. Menuetto" and so on... I keep track of which movements of which pieces I like and now I have no idea which quartet it is when I look at the titles of the album. How in the world am I supposed to find the 21st one, for example, when it doesn't say anywhere?! Oh, and this isn't the first time they've messed around with the titles of classical pieces, but usually I moved on because I still knew what pieces they actually were; now I have no idea! Why do you keep renaming the tracks?

1 Reply

Hello @user-removed!

Thanks for coming to the Community. Song titles are usually renamed by the artists/labels that uploaded the track.

However, I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info on how to report tracks with wrong info and content errors.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts