Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify keep playing random songs

Why does Spotify keep playing random songs

So, I put on a song or set up a que ect of songs I want to listen to, and Spotify automatically sticks a load of OTHER songs at the end like it doesn't trust me to pick music for myself so it's going to Mommy me. And if you even think of trying to get rid of these it deletes your que and plays the random songs! Why?
8 Replies

Hello @Miss_ByGolly, welcome to the community!

Are you using Spotify on your phone?  

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi Josh, Yeh I am using it on my phone 😉

@Miss_ByGolly  Firstly, what phone are you using? I need to put this in the appropriate board.

Looks like you've got shuffle mode on.

If you're on free, I'm so sorry! Shuffle mode cannot be turned off.

If you're on Premium, follow this little flowchart:

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hi, I'm on a samsung Android, and I'm on the premium family plan thing. I turned shuffle off but it's still happening. Any suggestions? Can I at least get rid of the Paul McCartney off my que? (My mom tried to fix it)

Have you tried reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the problem?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just, it's still adding songs to my que 😞

I'm on a iPhone 5s
I'm on free
Whenever I try to play the lion king soundtrack it plays random Elton John music and doesn't even play tha next thing on the list that I'm pretty sure it says is the actual order.
Help me

Hi there - when I leave my songs to play on my iMac, the song won't finish, and instead  starts playing a song that I don't even have in my songs or playlist (music that I'd never choose). It jumps to the Spotify 'online player', and it's incredibly frustrating when I have to click on 'play on iMac' tp hear an awful doof-doof song. I've only had this problem since my three month Premium trial period expired and I've started paying full price (which is fine - I love Spotify!). If you have any answers, I'd be greatly appreciative! 

Suggested posts