Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why i can no longer link my account to my playstation account? (PS4)

Why i can no longer link my account to my playstation account? (PS4)

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

PS4

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have previously been able to link my account on my PS4, but suddenly when I try to log in, I get the error message "Linking Failed. Account linking is not supported in this country or region". This is odd because I have previously been able to do this. 

I have logged out of the accounts on all devices and tried to log back in. I checked my settings on both my PS4 and Spotify account and confirmed that the countries are both registered as South Africa. I have also checked that the service is in fact available in South Africa.

Could you assist? This is probably the one feature I use the most on my PS4.

26 Replies

These are indeed wonderful times!

OUR VOICE HAS BEEN HEARD! BOOM!

I still have the same issue.

Region error... I'm running PS4 6.0.00 and got the same region error on the link on playstation site.

What's the deal..?

Hey @Exitance.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community 🙂

Have you tried these steps already? 

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having trouble, we'll be right here to help.

Take care,

P

I live in the UK. I'm also having the same problem two years later.

I deleted Spotify but can't add it back please help.😭

How are you so blind. They are no longer supporting this feature in most countries except the US and larger nations, despite the fact that they list your region/country under supported on website

Dont believe the thing about them trying to solve it i can tell you now they are not its been like this for years now

Sorry. You won't be seeing it anymore.

Unless you create a psn account that claims you live somewhere in the USA, anywhere in the USA

Then you can download and use spotify normally again 🙂 but if you want to use it on your UK linked account that's not possible due to decisions made by spotify executives, not some european law.

I know this isn't very helpful but unlike anything you will hear from spotify, its the truth 

Suggested posts