Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 Compatibility issues

Solved!

Windows 10 Compatibility issues

After being offered 3 months for $10 I've decided to give Spotify a second chance. So here goes.

Mobile app works awesome, not having any issues with it. Everything seems to work just fine. The web player is getting there, but it's still in testing so I understand. But being a computer expert, I use the desktop client a lot. One issue with that, I'm on Windows 10, and Spotify is NOT Windows 10 compatible AT ALL. 

The first time I installed it everything went smoothly. Then after I reimaged my computers to Windows 10 Anniversary, it would install, but it wouldn't even start. First had an error code 54 on start, and compatibility mode didn't work. Moving the Spotify folder out of AppData and into Program Files (x86) worked, until it downloaded an update and now it's getting an error code 17. I go to uninstall and it says it can't because it doesn't have Administrative priviledges (on admin account.)

So here are my issues with Spotify:

* Windows 10 compatibility is by far the worst I've seen out of any product currently on the market.

* Web player isn't useable for me because when you multitask with music playing in the web player it skips, lags, and makes deafening squeal noises intermittently.

* And I cannot uninstall the application to reinstall it. If I have to reimage my computer again because of this I'll be pretty upset.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to uninstall Spotify by deleting its folder manually and then going into Programs and Features and clicking uninstall on it. It then asked me because the application could not be found if I wanted to remove it from the list.

I am no longer a Spotify user because of this. Every computer I have is on Windows 10, and if they don't want to support it then I'm out. So long.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @DilanG,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

@DilanG wrote:

* And I cannot uninstall the application to reinstall it. If I have to reimage my computer again because of this I'll be pretty upset.

To help me troubleshoot this, I'd like to see the console outputs:

• Open up CMD and execute the following command:
%AppData%\Spotify\Spotify.exe --log-file=%UserProfile%\Desktop\Spotify.log --show-console

Take a screenshot of the console that pops up ( if possible ) and attach the newly created Spotify.log located at your Desktop.

Also, the following information would be useful as well:

• Do you get an error message? If yes, please attach screenshot of it.
  • What Spotify version you are using?

I followed your instructions and typed

%AppData%\Spotify\Spotify.exe --log-file=%UserProfile%\Desktop\Spotify.log --show-console

but nothing happened. I cannot uninstall the app (when I try to do it, no option succeded) and I tried to reinstall it directly and again nothing happens. Could you help me? Thanks in advance

Marked as solution

I was able to uninstall Spotify by deleting its folder manually and then going into Programs and Features and clicking uninstall on it. It then asked me because the application could not be found if I wanted to remove it from the list.

I am no longer a Spotify user because of this. Every computer I have is on Windows 10, and if they don't want to support it then I'm out. So long.

The same thing happened to me! I don't know why this website is saying that it is solved, because it obviously hasn't been, the 'compatiblity' is only set to windows 8 and there is not an option for windows 10. Why is this the case? Surely that would solve the problem 

Suggested posts