Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Phone 8 - Spotify Needs Update

Windows Phone 8 - Spotify Needs Update

Hello, I recently switched from iOS to Windows Phone 8. I bought a Nokia Lumia 822. The first application I downloaded was Spotify. However, I've noticed that the app is far from up-to-date. It seems like Spotify has forgotten us at Windows Phone. The app does not have radio, and has a TON of bugs, including: Playback being lost, slow connection, and other minimal bugs.

It's kind of an annoyance. There's times where I get sick of my playlists, and want to listen to the Spotify Radio, but can't. If I'm paying for premium, I'd like to get the full experience, like iOS and Android users are getting.

The app on the Windows Marketplace for Windows Phone defiantly needs an update to fix bugs, and add features like radio.

Thanks,

Christopher, Windows Phone User

47 Replies

Yes , me too I find WP8 to be a very good OS.

In the past I would had switch back to Android just to get a right version of Spotify but not anymore. Now I switch my music app , shame on them. My monthly ten euros will go to xbox music , since THEY make a good app for their users.

"The new update will only be available for Spotify premium subscribers initially in spring, but the company is also working to bring its Spotify Free mobile service to Windows Phone at some point in the future."

It's a start. I'll wait with the celebrations until it's actually here.

Great!

Good to ear it...
Still, for now, this "ship" has sailed.. (Thoroughly enjoying Xbox Music and Nokia MixRadio +, for now)..
But, who knows, in the future, if the Spotify app really is better than what we have now, I might re-subscribe again..

Great to hear that!

I would love to be a beta tester, as I did for Waze.

Hopefully Bluetooth bug fixed and 320 kbps available. Otherwise useless!

You, sir, have hit the nail on the head. We all like a great UI and all the rest (and as a designer I really like all that stuff) but without the core issue being addressed - the fact that it sounds horrible on Windows phones - then the new Spotify windows app will just be a pig in a dress.

Absolutely. Main issues should be fixed.

Suggested posts