Windows Phone 8 - Spotify Needs Update

Re : Windows Phone 8 - Spotify Needs Update

Be_DookiE

It's really a shame to see a whole userbase being left out in the cold like this.

UserUser (computing), a person or software using an information system

macdonaldjb

I agree 100%.  I pay "premium" and was not told about the significant gap in services (but not in fees).  We ought to talk to a plaintiff's attorney about a class action.  What are the alternatives (besides get an android or iphone)?   

Peter__
Community Legend
Your planning to take them to court for what exactly? (I'd also have a close read at the ToS).

I've heard good things about xBox music on Windows Phone.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Re: Windows Phone 8 - Spotify Needs Update

fawlty
Regular

I'm a previous subscriber to Spotify, but had to leave because the Windows Phone client was so limited and crash-prone.

It's really a slap in the face to see iOS and Android get a lot of new features and now free streaming on mobile/tablet - while the WP users don't even have the basic functionality that they PAY for.

I still listen to Spotify on the PC (ad supported) because the UI is better than Xbox Music there, but I pay for Xbox Music to use on my phone. If Spotify got their act together, I'd sign up and pay for Spotify right away again. Sadly, it seems they have zero interest in doing anything.

chriskswenson

Have Spotify even responded to the recent demand for a Windows Phone update? I , too, have recently migrated from iOS to WP and love it. However, being a Premium subscriber, I feel like I'm being cheated out of features; as far as I know, free users have access to the radio feature and I don't. At least an acknowledgement of our frustration would be appropriate in my opinion.

user-removed
Not applicable

The app is so bad that actually Spotify should be SUED bu the user 

Allancm
Casual Listener

So, there is no official response of Spotify staff here?

I just got a new Lumia 1520, and Nokia Music is my first choice then, If you update the application for Windows Phone, let me know and I will be premium if and only if you at least implement radio and discover in the application.

marm0lade

If any Spotify employees attempt to pass the buck to Microsoft by claiming the app is developed by Microsoft, you can call them out with this press release:

Working with Microsoft to bring music fans a connected Spotify experience

"Over the past few months we’ve been working together to develop the Spotify mobile app for Windows Phone"

Beats Music is looking better every day on Windows Phone. If Spotify doesn't imporve things soon I will be canceling and going to Beats.

Meno

Any news?!

UserWithoutName

I cancelled my Spotify Premium Subsciption a few days ago because of the Windows Phone App. Now I'm trying Deezer because their app for Windows Phone seems to be much better. However, I don't want to support a service which doesn't have a good app for my mobile device, so bye-bye Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS