Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Phone - Constant crashing

Windows Phone - Constant crashing

The most recent updates to the app are welcomed, but I am getting numerous daily crashes, especially when connected via bluetooth.  Music will be playing, then I'll change tracks via my car controls, and the app will crash, giving me no feedback.  I have to relaunch the application, which is dangerous while driving.  

Someone really needs to pay attention to stability on the Windows Phone app.  The UI is much better, but honestly, the constant crashing is making me consider going back to XBOX music.  It's slower and has fewer features, but at least it doesn't crash 5 times a day.  

11 Replies

Hey there. If you want to provide more details like make, model, OS, of your phone and car I'll be happy to pass it on for internal checking.

In the mean time, have you tried voice control to re-launch Spotify on your phone? 🙂

Community Ergo Sum

Car:  2010 Mazda3 Hatchback

Phone:  Lumia 1520

Notes:  This doesn't ONLY happen while driving.  It happens as often when I'm just listening through headphones as well.  The crash chances can be increased by starting a song and launching another application to the foreground.  The crash seems to happen such that the native OS play/pause/volume dialog that pops up when you use the volume controls on the phone still shows the song for a few seconds as though it's paused.  The play button is active, then the whole notion that a song is available for play goes away after a few seconds.  

Honestly, I hope this gets fixed very soon.  This is totally ruining my Spotify experience and I often just give up using the product and go back to some stored music I have on the physical device.  XBOX music sucks in many respects, but it at least plays.  Please prioritize crashes more heavily.  

Well, at least you're not experiencing the problem I am having with my 920.  When I play a song, it will play the next song anywhere from 10 seconds, to half of the song length, and then it just stops.  I have to reload the app and hit play, and it starts the song from the beginning.  Rarely will it play more than a few songs in a row.  Now, I thought this was happening because of it playing while the screen was off.  No, I can have the app loaded and watch as it stops the song, reloads the window, which usually is just the album picture, and then put the song back at the beginning.  Ocassionaly, after playing 5 seconds, it will reload again and I have to manually hit play again.  This continued even after factory resetting my device.  This happens over Bluetooth, with speaker, and with headphones. 

It's been super frustrating, and one of the many reasons I am hopeful the Android app functions better when my new phone arrives today.

I'm having the same problem and it's frustrating.

WIth the last update Spotify is slower and sometimes, especially when I change to foreground againg or push the title of the song when I change the volume (to put current song in foreground) it's very slow and usually the app crash.

Hi,

I had the same problem, my app crashed everytime after startup.  It was trying to load recently played lists and my playlists. I had almost 3000 songs in my 'Starred' and that might cause the crashes. With the newest desktop version I created a new folder and have created 4 playlists and deivided the starred songs into them resulting in playlists under 1000 songs. All my playlists I use are below 1000 songs now and the windows phone app is running fine now. 

I thought maybe this is worth a try for your problems.

Kind regards,

Bas

I have a very similar problem to those mentioned above. Running on Nokia 1020. Worked fine up to this year, updated and ever since problem after problem. Main issues, the speed, I just runs so slowly now. Crashing, this happens 2 or 3 times when commuting (journey around 70-80 mins). Thirdly, as soon as I try to change album as well, this also causes a crash. These problems all relate to playing items on my playlists that are available offline. I am a premium member but am finding myself less and less able to use the service I am paying for. I'd happily go back to the old version, that seemed (in my experience) to have fewer issues.

Right now Spotify it's mostly unusable in Windows Phone. The last update was in February and the app doesn't works fine. It get closed randomly and is really, really slow most of the time. 

When i'm with friends and someone says: "Who has music?" I say nothing in spite of I have premium spotify for years. I close my mouth because this app is embarrassing. I don't find a better word to define it. Yes, it's pretty but only that.

We need an upgrade  or a downgrade of the app because right now is a pain in the ass.

P.D. I still have Spotify premium because I didn't like so much the alternatives. Now I transferred my playlist to Deezer and the only reason because I continuo with spotify is because the Deezer Desktop app is worse than the Spotify app (and this is difficult I must say)

I give up.

spotify.png

We have same problems with Lumia 1020. Also with my Lumia 930 offline synced playlist randomly comes as online only playlists (songs limit not reached, storage space is enough). 

Is there any chance to participate in bug fix / log collecting? Because we are all getting sick of this "new" app.

Erlukillas, found alternatives?

I moved to Deezer. I exported all the playlist with "spotizr" (very important, I have a lot) and i'm trying to get used to the new interface in a web.

I really don't like to use a web for listen music but however the deezer WP app works flawlessly

I have to say that I was still using the spotify desktop version 0.9 because I didn't like too the new UI of Spotify. In fact, I didn't like the current direction of Spotify without apps, with the new UI design in desktop and the unusable app in WP. I won't to pay for that.

Thanks. Spotzir verry useful app 🙂

Suggested posts