Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Phone Playlist not syncing

Solved!

Windows Phone Playlist not syncing

Okay, I recently decided to come back to Spotify because has the largest selection of music that I like. However, night one and I'm already having annoying little problems. I deleted all my old playlists and decided to start fresh, that worked fine while on the Desktop app, I was able to delete my playlists and create new ones, including folders. This was all fine and dandy when I was sitting at the computer but I get ready to go to bed and listen to one of my playlists I reinstall Spotify to my 520 Nokia Windows 8 phone, and everything seems okay until I go to into my playlist. Two of the playlists aren't showing up, the others aren't in their folder (new folder not even created) and the old folders and playlists still show up on the phone's app even though spotify hasn't been on my phone for several months now.

Is there anyway to fix this problem with the playlists not showing up correctly?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay: Tried something new and so far it seems to have worked. I apparently had an older file of Spotify's desktop app installed on my computer, so when I was making changes I.E. creating or deleting playlists it was registering across the site. So when I went into the web page app or my cell phone app the playlist wouldn't show up or the older playlists wouldn't be deleted. I think this has solved all my problems. I may be getting ahead of myself and patting my self on my back for solving my own problem too soon, but I'll be back on if I have any more problems.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey SOHare1981,

I've just taken a look and you have over 1,100 playlists - I think this is why the playlists aren't loading on your phone. 

Could you try moving over some of the albums you have in your playlists over to Your Music instead, to see if that helps?

Okay I've cleared  all playlists, I've deleted all saved albums, I've unfollowed all artists. My Spotfit should show up blank. I've gone into the app's roaming folder and deleted all catch files. I've done this, and uninstalled the app from the phone, shut the phone off, and reinstalled the app. Yet my old playlists, and old folders are still showing up on my Windows Spotify Application. My phone has Windows 8, and is a Nokia 520. The phone it'sself has 4.30 GB of free space, and an SD card of 54.62 GB free. 

I don't understand if I cleared all playlists from the Spotfiy desktop app why are they still showing up on my Window's Phone?

Also FYI, I had so many playlist to begin with because there is a limit to how many albums you can save, and when going through my library I had more than the offered limit. I also put them in playlists because viewing albums in my local files isn't very visually appeasing to me and I like being able to seperate my albums by artists. 

Marked as solution

Okay: Tried something new and so far it seems to have worked. I apparently had an older file of Spotify's desktop app installed on my computer, so when I was making changes I.E. creating or deleting playlists it was registering across the site. So when I went into the web page app or my cell phone app the playlist wouldn't show up or the older playlists wouldn't be deleted. I think this has solved all my problems. I may be getting ahead of myself and patting my self on my back for solving my own problem too soon, but I'll be back on if I have any more problems.

Suggested posts