Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows phone - only allows shuffle?

Solved!

Windows phone - only allows shuffle?

So I have premium. If I search for an album, or play one of my playlists, the only button is shuffle play. If I play the first song manually, it shuffles the rest. This is very annoying, most albums need to be played in order, as do my lists.<br>Is this really not possible or am I missing something?<br>Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm not sure how the Spotify app works for Windows Phone devices, but if you click the song that's currently playing (which in other apps shows at the bottom), does it open the current song, with album cover etc?

If yes, you should see an green Shuffle icon. If you press that, it should go 'off' and play from the right order.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm not sure how the Spotify app works for Windows Phone devices, but if you click the song that's currently playing (which in other apps shows at the bottom), does it open the current song, with album cover etc?

If yes, you should see an green Shuffle icon. If you press that, it should go 'off' and play from the right order.

Hi

Yes Thanks, that was it. The option is pretty well hidden.

What I am also wondering is, how do you play a playlist (or album) from start to finish? There is a big button that says shuffle play, but no obvious way to just play. Do you just click on the first song and then it plays the rest? does that add the entire list or albumn to the queue?

Also, how do you clear the queue? From the player I can go to play queue, but it has no option to clear it.

Sorry if these are obvious questions!

Thanks

Glad you've found it.

I click the first song I would like to hear, and Spotify automatically plays the others from the playlist in the right order.

If you would like to listen to songs from another playlist, just click the song you'd like to start with (in the other playlist) and it starts to plat that song, after that song it continues with the rest of the songs from that playlist (in the right order).

The queue on Spotify is a little different to others, I will try and explain!

When you tap the first track (on a playlist or album or any location), Spotify will select that location as the current playing location - which adds those tracks to your play queue. Tracks added to the play queue in this way can't be manually removed from the queue.

You can also add tracks to the play queue manually by selecting "Add to Queue" which will make the tracks play "next" (priority over the auto queued content). Content queued in this way is editable in the play queue.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, that does explain it. All good now, thanks again.

Suggested posts