Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

Still mostly broken as far as I can tell.  Listening to some tracks results in a notice on facebook, lisetning other others results in no posting.  Very annoying, as it worked yesterday.   Removing and reinstalling both the FB app and the Spotify client does no good.  Should have stuck with the free spotify and skipped premium....

Yeah I have the same problem, it doesn't post anything anymore.. At first I lived here where spotify worked fine, then I lived in Denmark, where spotify also worked just fine, but a couple of days ago I went back home (to another country that is) and now it doesn't work any more, even though I'm on the same computer.. I've tried reinstalling both spotify and the spotify app and nothing has happened.. It used to show on my timeline when I listened to songs, top artists etc... but now nothing.. I've read through the post so I get that there's a bunch og geotechnological stuff about it, however, if anyone is to come up with a solution, I would love to know!:-)) 

I'm using the old facebook (not Timeline) and I'm on a Mac. There is absolutely no cog showing up no matter what I do. It just doesn't exist that I can see. Is that right for others like me? Are we just outta luck here? 

Similar issues, but less consistent - sometimes songs appear, sometimes they do not.  I believe it depends on the song.   I have begun to suspect that spotify receives a payment from the record companies for showing songs on folks facebook wall, and they only show those from companies that pay.   

Nothing like a good conspiricy theory...

It's more interesting:  listen to a song, it appears.  Put it in a play list, play it from there, it does not appear.   Broken....

@LillyBunnyBoo wrote:

This is beyond frustrating. This is ONE of the MAIN REASONS I joined Spotify and am PAYING for it every month.  This long without a solution is unacceptable. PLEASE FIX IT.

Exactly. I am having the same problem. Any new playlists I create will not show up on my facebook profile. If I try to "share" a playlist on FB, that is also not working properly. Any word on when this will be resolved, I hate paying the monthly fee and am not gettng the features that caused me to sign up for Premium in the first place.?
Thank You.

Same Problem here.

I created a new Playlist yesterday (the 10th). None of the tracks in this List will be shown in the FB-Timeline. If i play songs from another Playlist all worked fine. Also if I play a song from the broken List over the search-Screen it worked fine, too.

"Shared"-Setting stands at "on" for the List.

anyone figure out how to fix this for good?
thanks!

I have a partial workaround: make the playlist collaborative (this is a check mark on each play list, Ctrl-click on the playlist name to bring up the asssociated menu, in the Mac OS/X client).  Play a song.  Then remove the collaborative status (same menu). Songs played from the spotify client then appear on facebook.  

Songs played on my iPod client still do not post, but I assume that is a different bug.

@hagar

Thx, this worked so long.

Only the Playlist as it wont sync with FB.

Reply from a developer would be nice Smiley Wink

- I've checked preferences in Spotify

- I've signed-out and signed back in to Spotify and Facebook

- I've restarted my computer

- I've uninstalled the Facebook app

- I have not changed country

Still Spotify has not updated my recently listened status for 4 days. 

Meanwhile, Last.FM is working and scrobbling my tracks from Spotify properly..

Is it not sending through to Facebook, or are you referring to the ticker on the right of Spotify?
Airhorn Enthusiast

It is not sending through to Facebook.

Your account's suggesting you're abroad at the moment. Are you outside of a Spotify launch country at all? If so, this may explain why.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am in Panama but I have been here for several weeks. I signed up to Spotify while I was here and it has been working here up until 4 days ago..

Well, that's pretty strange. You shouldn't be able to. The fact you're outside of any launch country would suggest why it's having trouble. There isn't much we can suggest here, I'm afraid.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I can still play songs from Spotify that aren't on my local computer and every other part of the application is working, except for the problem I have described above.

If I were being blocked because I'm not in a launch country - surely I shouldn't be able to stream music from Spotify?

With a free account, you're given a 14 day 'holiday' period. This will allow streaming outside of the country in your account (the US in your case) for 14 days. After this, you'll lose access.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

But I have been signed up to Spotify for more than 14 days. Like I said, I am in Panama and I signed up here. I have never even been to the US.

Are you certain this is why the Facebook app isn't working? Why on earth would it have worked up until 4 days ago?

Perhaps Panama and the US share some IP ranges? Panama uses US currency and also uses the +1 telephone prefix, for example.

If I buy a subscription will this solve the problem?

Suggested posts