Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

I'm having a similar problem with Spotify & Facebook: when I share playlists that I've recently changed, it still posts the original playlist ! I'm thinking there might be a couple of issues that still need ironing out when it comes to Spotify + Facebook. 

OI WTF is going on! Can'tPost to my Facebook. i have never had this problem before. tonight just fails to post.. this is bull**uh-oh**! i post to Fb 24-7 sort it out or stick the premium where the sun dont shine,

I have tried everything. 
- Checking the options in my activity log (on "music" as well as on "spotify")
-Reinstalling spotify
-Turning on the "post on facebook" option on spotify.

The songs I am listening to, don't show on my timeline. They stopped showing on my profile once I hid one song on the recent activity box. I've event tried unhiding the hidden activity but no luck. 
The songs I listen to don't show up on my activity log so I can't even click on the "allow or show on facebook" option, and I pay 10euros a month so... I'm getting a little bit frustraded!!! PLEASE HELP  

go to the spotify app and click on edit on the top left corner and then preferences and finally check on "show what i listen to on facebook" that happened to me once and that worked

Hey there,
I have a spotify premium account and I'm always listening to the songs from my computer, and iPhone. The tracks I played always used to update on to facebook; however, recently only the songs I play on my iphone are being updated. None of the songs I've listened to on my computer are showing up on facebook. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Open Spotify on your computer:

1. At the top click on edit

2. Click on preferences

3. Make sure you have checked the box that says "show what I listen to on Facebook"

You need to click on "file" and make sure "private session" is not checked.

Also make sure that on the Facebook website, you have allowed Spotify to use your account by going into the apps section of your privacy settings 

Hopefully this helps! Smiley Happy

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried it. No luck

Hmmm... try logging out of Spotify on your computer and log back in with Facebook.

Are you sure you are signed into the same account on both your computer and on your iPhone?

You probably know what you are doing, but sometimes people post here with no clue. Smiley Wink

MattSudaSpotify Star

Otherwise I don't know what would be causing this to happen.

Note: Only streamed songs will show up on Facebook. If you play a local file in Spotify, it will not show up on Facebook. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I can't get Spotify to post to Facebook at all.  I have tried to follow theadvice I have seen in the foreums but nothing seems to work.  One problem may be that the icon which people have showing in the Privacy settings/Spotify tab "Add app activity to my time line" does not appear and I don't know how to make it do so.

In Spotify I have ticked the box for showing what Iisten to in Facebook, but to no avail.

I don't know if it is related issue, but other people always show up as numbers in Spotify, not names  (the same for my account).

Is there a way to get this working?

Tried logging out and back in, didn't work. Yup i'm using same account and I'm streaming the songs. Just played one on my comp and it didn't show. Played a different song on my iphone and it showed

I'm not sure what would be causing this. Smiley Sad

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the same problem! Song History has always been reflected in facebook, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried to log off between Spotify, but it does not help.Smiley Sad

Where to i find the "sharing button on spotify"?
It used to link to my Facebook but then i wanted to take on of my songs away from my side on Facebook and after i did that no song i´m playing is shown on Facebook or at Spotify in the list at the right?
How do I do to reactiv it agin on Facbook?

Thanks!

Where do i find "show what i listen to on Facebook" in Spotify?

You should be able to find it under the Preferences menu - Click on Edit > Preferences, and it's under the "Activity Sharing" tab.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you ever so much. Now it´s working 🙂

I have the same problem, when I use spotify through a proxy, I have connection problem with facebook.

- impossible to share

- name of my friends are replace by a big number

otherwise listening music works fine

I dont get the option to share on facebook in preferences? anyone know why

I am having the same problem - but I think I know why.

I downloaded Sweden while on vacation in Sweden. Now that I am in Italy (where Spotify does not exist), I can listen to music, but it will not show up anywhere on Facebook. Could the change of country be relevant to how Facebook works?

Suggested posts