Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

I'm having the same problem! I deactivated Spotify on FB then reactivated it and nothing. It still shows a song i starred last week.

Been noticing spotty posts in the Recent Activity section of my FB profile page. Listening to music right now...but it hasn't updated since last night. Also noticed that I'm not seeing friends' music activity in the "ticker" area of the News Feed. 

I know things are beign sent to FB because everything is showing up on my Activity Log....but not sure why the activity isn't making it to "Recent Activity" or why I'm not seeing any activity in the Ticker?!

Could some admin help?

I am also having the same problem where when I click 'share' it posts to my timeline fine, but is completely ignored by the news feed.  Strange, as I see other people's songs coming up in the news feed.

Update to that - only if I use the sharing facility does it not publish to my news feed - if you right click on the track and select copy HTTP link, then paste it into your status, it shares to both timeline and news feed.  Phew!

Make sure that the Spotify app has these settings in your Facebook > Account > Apps

2012-09-05_1458.png

Hey folks, please help me. Tried everything, but my Spotify stopped posting to Facebook!!! It shows only old listening information in Recent box. However in activity view I can see all my Spotify history...

spotify activity.png

Now my recent box.

old song.png

This is just old song I played week ago!!!

app settings.png

Tried already everything like:

- Rechecking things in activity.

- Deleting Spotify from Facebook.

- Re-installing Spotify.

- Re-connecting to Facebook.

And this does not post anymore to this Facebook box!!!

HELP ME!!!

Where is the edit> preferences> share to facebook? I cant find any of this

After spending way too much time trying everything mentioned (nothing posts for me, no matter what box is checked, whether in spotify or fb), I found the fix. Log out of spotify. Account settings in fb - security tab, recognized devices. Look them up and undo the ones that say Spotify. Save changes. Log back in Spotify. Should work.

Recognized devices is empty. 😞

Need to spend another set of hours with this...

Why this is so hard to show what the **bleep** I'm listening on Spotify???

Must perform engineering degree?

Suddenly it stopped for me too. Until upon a week ago, the "recently listened to" from Spotify being posted on my Timeline, was working just fine.

I've tried by disconnecting Facebook, literally checking on/off everything that they have to do with each other. Both in the application and on Facebook's website. I've also attempted checking on/off the "App activity can show up in" cog in the activity log for both Music and Spotify too. Tracks are still being listed in the activity log, but no way in hell it's posting on the timeline. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

I've attempted to change settings and preferences with an iPhone, a Mac and two computers running Windows. I therefore assume it's regardless of OS, and the problem lies within Facebook.

I've spotted several in the same situation. Here, and here for instance.

I can't get it to post to Facebook either. In my Facebook app setting it says "post on your behalf", I have the tickbox checked for "Share my music on Facebook" in Spotify and I also followed the activity log Spotify/Music check-uncheck step guidelines posted by other users earlier in this thread. Nothing works. All help appreciated!

Okay where is it at. I cant find, share what I listen too. Please help.

All I have is Spotify Social? It was working last week, now its not

Your not the only one mine is gone!! Help Please

Hey all!

My starting to work somehow. I do not know how, maybe without any things. Facebook maybe fixed?

Yes this works like a charm, also mobile tracks are updated from Spotify Mobile. HELLYEAH, I love this. Bye.

Thanks! I just wanted to know if it  was me or what.

Just because I don't know what to do: here's my complaint also: I shared a lot on Facebook the last days - and from one minute to the other this didn't work anymore. Important: my ACTIVITIES on Spotify are still shown on fb, but not anything I decide to post!! Will it just pass by? Do I have to upgrade? Please help, I had plans for today!! Thanks 😉

Suggested posts