Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

did you find a solution? 'cause i'm having the same problem 

How about going to the Facebook profile, then click on Activity Log, Search for Posts from Spotify, If it's hidden it should have a O with a / across it, click on it and then set Unhide

fb_1_activity.jpg

fb_2_spotify.jpg

fb_3_allow.jpg

This might do the trick, to unhide it, and let it be allowed, or if you wish, you can even highlight the event. I'v cropped the pic a bit too much, but check it out.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

still doesn't work

I had the same thing happen to me recently. What solved it for me was setting every playlist to "public" and then unticking it again. 😐

When I first started using Spotify I believe I disabled sharing, and now it won't share anything automatically, no matter what I try. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and I'm still having difficulty. I can manually post things to facebook, but that's it. 

Any easy ways of fixing this?

Hi,

The facebook activity log is not updating with songs played. I have removed Spotify from my Facebook account (via Facebook) and reconnected it on my account page (via Spotify). I have also checked/un-checked the preferences box which allows you to post activity to facebook.

Are there any other suggestions as to why this isnt working?

@jabalsad wrote:

Hi,

The facebook activity log is not updating with songs played. I have removed Spotify from my Facebook account (via Facebook) and reconnected it on my account page (via Spotify). I have also checked/un-checked the preferences box which allows you to post activity to facebook.

Are there any other suggestions as to why this isnt working?

It could be that the recent server issue has caused this - it is unlikely however.

Please log out then in of the Spotify client, and see if it is fixed 🙂

I have attempted closing the spotify client and reopening many times, while tinkering with the settings in between. So far nothing has managed to get the activity log to update (except when I create new playlists)

Do you have the "Share my activity on Spotify Social" enabled in Edit > Preferences?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It is enabled.

Unresolved, I guess /sadface.

It could be a connection issue... Do you have a firewall running on your computer at all? If so, then try popping into that and ensuring Spotify is on the exceptions list.
Airhorn Enthusiast

There is no firewall running. The client connects to Facebook as I can see the activity feed inside the client. I have also seen changes to playlists being propagated to my Facebook activity log. Can I turn debugging on and look at a log file perhaps?

Also. It might be worth noting that I have this feature enabled on both my Android and my Macbook. Neither of them are making updates to the Facebook activity log. This seems to imply that it's not the client settings that is causing the issue?

mine says, "post on your behalf". it doesn't look like what you have. 

Did you ever get an answer to this?  My recent activity log has officially stopped showing songs from Spotify altogether??

I can't post my songs on my timeline anymore

So Spotify comes up in my activity feed but when I check the music tab for Facebook it only shows a playlist I made a while ago. Top tracks, artists, radios, etc. completely disappeared. What's going on?

Im in the same boat, and now its also not showing my top tracks on my Timeline. If anyone knows anything on how to fix either issue it would be great!

Suggested posts