Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

My Spotiy posts the Music i Heat only in my Timeline Not in the newsstream. I use the Mac Software. Same Problem when i use the iOS App. Has Anyone Same Problems or maybe a Solution for it ? Thanks

You mean the right hand side section of Spotify? Or the ticker in the chat bar of Facebook?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I mean the newsfeed section of Facebook, where i can see all the News Posts and so in from my Friends. So my Friends can't See what u hear. It. Only works, when i Post it manually, even not with my iOS APP

Hi Dici--I've just moved your post over to this relevant thread.

Have you checked your Spotify Preferences page and your Facebook setting as George15 mentions above?

You can reach your FB settings by following these steps:
-Go to your profile
-Click on 'Activity Log next to 'Update Info'.
-Click 'All', then scroll down to 'Spotify'.
-Click the cog/gear & then select what you would like Spotify to share with Facebook.

Hey guys, i just checked my app authorization on facebook for spotify, but it says there that spotify only wants to "access my data all the time" but nothing more?How can i change this or is it not my fault at all? I just started using spotify 😕

cheers fabi

Found my problem... The post my app activity thing isn't there.. But how do I get it since its gone??

cog/gear?

Found out there is a flaw in facebook. Go to facebook -> your profile page -> activity log -> select on the right dropdown menu (standard "all"): spotify -> now hold your control button and use the scroll weel to zoom in. After three or 4 zoomlevels the cog gear appears, you can select "Recent spotify activity", "Top songs", "Top artists" and so on. Have to same problem, Can't see the "Add app activity to my timeline opt in my privacy settings. It's publishing I am listening to songs now, but not which one 😞 Facebook flaw!"

Hey guys, I've been having this problem too and I figured it out, and spinext's discovery is actually more than half of the game to fixing this problem! So thank spinext for getting as far as he/she could.

1. Read spinext's post.

2. After you have clicked the right drop down menu "ALL" and went down to select "SPOTIFY", do the zoom in 4 times with Ctrl+Wheel and the "cog" will appear on the right hand side, on top of the "ALL" dropdown. (This is a facebook flaw).

3. Uncheck all of the checks in the cog, then refresh the page. Then go back to the cog and recheck everything. (If you have to find it again or the page resets, then do step 2 again.

4. This is where the twist is: next, you do step two, but instead of of selecting "SPOTIFY" in the "ALL" dropdown, select "MUSIC" and do the same thing with step 2 and 3.

VOILA now everything is back on your timeline! 🙂 (And you can go back to the zoom and cog if you want to hide certain things)

Finally! Thanks so much guys!

How do I do this on a mac?! it ust zooms in the whole screen and Nothing happens 😞

See if you can zoom in just on the text with options on your browser? Just zoom in a few times until you see the cog on the right hand side.

not that i can notice, it just zooms the whole screen and since my mouse wheel only works one way, i have to work my way quite monotonously back to system pref. for the zoom out.

could you possibly post a screenshot of the cog and what you mean by "zoomed in" so I might be able to guage what exactly I'm looking for and how to tackle it,

Thanks

automatic posting to newsstream doesn´t work anyway.

my FB settings look like this. 

i don´t have the timeline posting option !

can a someone help ?

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-19 um 20.58.53.png

Facebook posting is checked in Spotify App.

I've looked many times and I don;t have the "global activity can show up in" tool! Is there another way?

Dici, you're in the wrong place. Re-read the instructions for both my post and Spinext's post.

hazaman11, I've attached the image. Do image 1, then Image 2, then repeat.

IMAGE 1

Untitled1.jpg

IMAGE 2

Untitled2.jpg

If you need anymore help, let me know. Good luck.

Hi, I understand. I've done this, but it doesn't work. I don' t See any " posting in Timeline Option" in my spotify Setting, as you See in my posting before. Thx

I don't think you understand. If you look at the two pictures (mines and yours), they're two different pages you're talking about.

I understand the difference. I only want to say, that, after done this, i don't have the " Post to Timeline Option" in my spotify Stettins.

It doesn't say "Post to Timeline Option" in the settings, there's a drop box of check marks. Just follow my instructions.

Suggested posts