Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

look at posting #2

as you see in the picture in the spotify settings. 

"Add App Activity to my timeline" 

i don´t have this setting.

))

i´ve done all steps you described ans yes i understand the difference between your setting and the spotiy settings 😉

It doesn't have to be, Dici. That wasn't my solution, as I don't have that option in my App Account Settings either. What I posted apparently worked for me, and also for backwoodsgirl2k. You probably missed a step or did something wrong. Try it again, step by step. It could get confusing especially with refreshing the page after every step. Did you do that? Did you check if the actual Spotify application has "posting to facebook" checked? Did you refresh your timeline after everything was done?

It's stopped updating for me as well. My played songs used to show up on the right hand side but not anymore for about a week.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t38/mewichigo202/photo1.jpg

The "music spotify section" Will not show up on my timeline. It won't show what I have recently played. It seems to automatically do it for everyone else when they sign up and play music. 

Facebook used to show all the cool bits about my spotify activity... Top artists, top albums, top songs, recent activity, etc... now it just shows what i'm currently listening to. Is there a way i can "configure" spotify on facebook to display these activities on my timeline in a certain way?

Same problem here since a few days. Sometimes tracks get scrobbled to my facebook timeline and sometimes not. Most of the time not. And I noticed, that after a reboot the first track gets scrobbled but nothing more.
Using Version 0.8.2.637.g252b9805 (64bit) on Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit).

Are these maybe DNS/resolve issues? I am using 8.8.8.8 from Google and have no problems at all. However it work completely fine for a few weeks, since I started using Spotify. I did everything mentioned in solutions several times. Waited a few days, but it still isn't working anymore. Or mabye IPv6 related? Thx.

PS: And it takes a very long time to share a specific track on facebook or doesn't work at all also.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my account and reinstalling it on facebook. Maybe this is a problem with Facebook?

yeh, im having troubles 2 with facebook... it wouldnt even let me go on it yesterday with facebook. must be something wrong.. 😞

Hi ! I missed clic yesterday and then my recent musics listened are not showed on my timeline. How do I do to show it ? I searched a solution for hours, I didn't find 😞 I hope someone will be able to help me ! ♥

Hello.

On your timeline, click on "Activity Log", then click on "All" in the top right corner, and select "Music".

Then, a "gear" icon should appear just below that, and check the first entry, "Recent Music Activity". Then, go back to your Timeline - The music box should be right there.

Hope this helps!
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have the same problem, but it's intermittant. I have a Spanish Spotify account which seems to work OK from my iPhone but doesn't post to Facebook when I'm listening from work in Gibraltar. Is this some kind of silly regional restriction (very silly if I can listen to music but am not allowed to tell people about it!). This worked fine until a few weeks ago...

Hello,

You'll mostly like want to take a look at the settings within the Preferences menu within Spotify.

Screen Shot 2012-03-29 at 9.22.19 AM.png

If the "Show what I listen to on Facebook" option is unchecked, this is probably what's happening here. Check that, and your tracks should start to go to Facebook again. If it is checked already, however, take a look at your profile button to see if you're in Private Session mode or not - 

Screen Shot 2012-03-29 at 12.30.31 PM.png

If you are, click on that button and disable Private Session.

If something else is going on, please let me know. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that doesn't work, all boxes are tickets and I'm in not private mode. The only thing I can think of is if the updates are somehow location based - all works fine from my home in Spain, but not from my office in gibraltar, even on the same device with no changes.

Hmm, that might be why, in your case. Facebook relies on some Geolocation technology that might prevent some the posting of Spotify tracks to Facebook. The communication process can be surprisingly complicated, and one missing link will stop it from posting correctly. Sadly, there's not too much of a way to remedy this at the moment, but we'll keep looking into it.
Airhorn Enthusiast

hi everyone!  i don't normally post on forums like this because i'm usually pretty tech-savvy but i tried everything i could think of and i just can't seem to figure this one out.  

i've had spotify for about six months now but the other day i decided to get timeline and hook it up to my facebook.  i have no problems playing music in spotify but it doesn't post any activity to my timeline; when i go to my spotify activity log, it's completely blank.  

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.38.51 PM.png

when i click "go to spotify", it takes me to the spotify desktop app.  i play something, but it doesn't show up on facebook.

furthermore, i looked at my profile on my spotify desktop app and it doesn't show any of the artists i've been listening to since i hooked up my accout with facebook, just two artists i was listening to a few days ago (tallhart and say anything) before i linked the two up, but no activity before or after that.  

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.41.19 PM.png

i read through this message board and all the boxes that were supposed to be checked in the publishing/privacy settings were already checked on my facebook and the spotify desktop app.  

also, i don't have a "music" option on my timeline's drop down menu (and can't seem to add one either)...  it does show up on my activity log but it's completely blank.  i'm not sure if that has anything to do with you guys, though.  that's probably just facebook's fault.

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.44.30 PM.png  Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.44.09 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.49.25 PM.png

i also tried looking at my account on the spotify website to see if i was missing something really obvious and clicked this:

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.56.24 PM.png

but all it said was this:

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 6.56.42 PM.png

i also tried clicking the "share" button on the desktop app but it posted to my timeline like a wall post or status, not as something i've been "listening to".

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 7.05.41 PM.png Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 7.06.43 PM.png

so my two accounts are definitely linked if i can post something from my spotify desktop app to my facebook, right?

i thought i would give it a day or two to see if it was just taking a long time to work or whatever but it's been long enough.  i just want to share my weird music taste with my internet friends but i keep going in circles! 😞

also, i upgraded to the new version of spotify today but still nothing happened...  and i live in new york so it's not a question of spotify not being available in my country.  

thank you very much!

Hey danicali, thanks for that thorough post.

It definitely looks like everything is linked up properly. Clearly for some reason Facebook isn't posting your listening though.

I've seen this happen before in cases where the internet connection was not recognised as being from a Spotify country. This can be the case, for example, if you're connecting through any kind of proxy. Is this the case?

A test you could do would be to use an ip checker tool online and see where you connection is identified as.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

The facebook app stopped posting the songs I'm listening to on my activity on facebook after I had accidentally deleted the app. My facebook and spotify account are synched and I couldn't find anything different in the privacy settings. Could anyone help me out?

Go to Facebook acitivity in your Profile in FB.

https://www.facebook.com/<fbusername/url>/allactivity?log_filter=app_174829003346

Checked that, everything is checked. But when I click on spotify in acitivity it says: Start using Spotify to publish information to your timeline.

Try then reconnecting to Spotify. Edit - Preferences - Disconnect form FB. Then connect again.

Suggested posts