Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

Thanks for the help! The 'Post on facebook' function wasn't checked in Spotify. Edit -> Preferences -> Post on facebook

My "Post to Facebook" box is checked, but it won't post the songs I listen to on my wall. It only posted the one song I am currently listening to.

If you're using timeline, that's what it will show. But when you click on Activity Log (or something similiar) you'll see all the songs you've listened to.

George 15 HELP please....

the box "Show what i listen to on facebook" is checked but on my facebook spotify app settings it shows: "This  App can also": Post on my behalf ...... thats it. how do I allow it to do everything else? I am doing everything i can to get the ticker I think its called to work so i can listen with my friends. They can see the music note on there chat bars but I cant see any music notes on mine. Spotify posts to my facebook account all the time so whats wrong? Also on my spotify account when i am logged in, under the "People" tab it only has two tab options of "Everyone" at the top and "On Spotify", its doesnt give me the option of Facebook People.  Any help would be greatly appriciated because I have been working on this for a month now .

Mine wont post my stuff on the newsfeed and i too have it checked. I see what other people are listening to there and it shows up on the ticker-thing, but my stuff won't show up.

NOPE. STILL NOT WORKING. 

Any more bright ideas?  Smiley Mad 

Hello,

It looks like the "Recently Listened To" box has been somewhat changed over on the timeline. We're looking into why this might be, but it doesn't look like it will dramatically change at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast

For some reason Spotfy has stopped posting to Facebook. I have checked the app settings, and have tried removeing and reinstalling the app, but still it doesn't post. Is anyone else having this problem?

same thing, everything should be sharing but my updates no longer appear on FB even though I double checked and everything is set to share

For some reason when i listen to a song it never publishes it on my facebook. I've made sure the "Show what I listen to on facebook" box is checked. I went to the spotify app settings on facebook and made sure was supposed to be shown. Its mega upsetting, cause all my friends are listening to their crappy music and its showing up.

Having the same problem here. I've even tried unlinking Facebook from Spotify and reconnecting. Can't seem to figure it out.

Hi there Troy_Stamm & conor522

Richard has explained a little more about the Facebook feed in this similar thread.

It seems that Recently Played Tracks are not available on Facebook at the moment. If there are any updates we'll let you know. 

I have exactly the same issue. But when I log in a friends computer in my same city my facebook shows every song I starred and song played. And when I log on my computer it doesnt show anything.

Please, if possible, let me know how to fix this!

Thanks

This didnt, work the last time it posted was in February, and it hasnt posted ever since 

Having the same problem, socalled solution does not work.

Hello.

I work remotely at Russian company and I forced to use VPN connection with a russian IP address, so Spotify doesn't submit tracks I've listened to to my Facebook timeline. Tell me, please, do you plan to support submitting of played tracks to Facebook timeline for users from non-Spotify contries in the future?

I had already contacted about this issue with your  support, and they said that it is impossible from the technical viewpoint. But, at the same time, Rdio submits tracks I've listened to in my timeline despite the fact that it doesn't work in Russia, too.

A couple of months ago my Facebook timeline was getting filled with all my recent Spotify activity such as me starring songs or just listening to them. I was getting annoyed with my timeline getting filled by all this stuff so I decided to "hide" it on my timeline. And like a week after me doing that the option of using the "private setting" on Spotify was introduced which was exactly what I wanted to have before hiding the recent Spotify activity on my timeline. So then when I tried to unhide it, it was gone, almost like I removed it all completely, which i didn't. When hiding something I thought that it would still be visible for me so that I could easily unhide it later if i wanted to but its apparently hiding it self from me on the timeline completely. So at this moment Spotify is only showing my "Top Artists", "Top Albums" and the number of songs I've recently listened to, but not which songs I've listened to.

So the problem is that I can't find a way to "unhide" my most recent Spotify activity because I want it back on my timeline again. The first thing I did was trying to find a way to unhide it on Facebook, after failing on that I went to the Spotify program and checked if the stuff under "Preferences → Profile → Activity Sharing: "Show what I listen to on Facebook" was checked, which it was. I went back to Facebook and looked under the "Activity Log" and saw that all the songs that I'm currently istening to and starring were appearing in the "Activity Log" and that they are only visible for me, every song says "Allowed on timeline" but none of them are appearing on the timeline. Im also seeing that under "Activity Log → Spotify → App activity can show up in" everything is checked.

I'm thinking about removing Spotify from Facebook and then allowing it again to see if all the options and stuff will be restored but if so, will my statistics like "Top Artists", "Top Albums" and number of songs I've listened to be deleted?

Last month, my Spotify songs listened to showed up on my Facebook Timeline, then they disappeared. I've tried Activitty Log, then Music, etc. adnd tsill no Spotify on Timeline.

This is beyond frustrating. This is ONE of the MAIN REASONS I joined Spotify and am PAYING for it every month.  This long without a solution is unacceptable. PLEASE FIX IT.

Any update on this? Still having the same issue. 😮

Suggested posts