Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

my spotify activity has never shown up on my Facebook. When i click 'Start Listening' on the Music section i did not get the option of 'Show On Timeline' like another page said i would. can anyone tell me how to start getting my activity on my facebook page?

i know what page your talking about,  it doesn't give you the timeline option there. you need to be on a whole different page to do the steps above! on the page you mean, you get no timeline option.

I've tried all the steps but no go. Rdio posts all my recent plays just find just not Spotify.

Hello Guys!

I found the solution!   You just need to restart the spotify app in facebook, I mean you should remove the spotify app in facebook and then add the app again.

I had a recent activity of spotify before this issue happened, so what i did was i clicked on "X" and i selected "Remove Spotify....".  out of nowhere my spotify softwere disconnected, and when i logged in again, now it shows every song i play, in the recent activity.

Im sorry for my bad grammer, if u need more help let me know 🙂

Best regards

Nothing I share will post to my News Feed,  It goes to Timeline Ok but not the News Feed.

Have you tried going  onto Spotify , Edit, Preferences and in the section activity sharing make sure that the ' 'Show what I'm listening to on Facebook'  is ticked'. Also scroll down and check that you are connected to facebook.. I had the same problem and this worked.

I've done all of that and nothing is updating, what I've listened to is NOT on my timeline and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

wI figured out how to get what i'm listening to on my timeline but I had to do it manually. In your activity log next to the song where it has the friends icon or w/e privacy you have it set to is a circle you click that and the options are "allowed on time line" or "shown on timeline" you want to click "shown on timeline" for each song you want on your page >.<

Did removing the facebook connection solved you problem ?

Same here, It doesnt matter what album I listen to, it will never be posted in the newsfeed no matter what. Only way for my listening music to appear on the feed is to play something that got posted from friends newsfeed, then it will say "me and X listened to".

So anyone know how to do this with the slightly newer timeline ? my music tab dont have a cog. Spotify part do and ive tried to uncheck everything there and then reload the page and then check everything again.

Here is how the music activity looks like for me:

music

Hey!

So I looked at exactly the same thing the other day. Try selecting "Spotify" instead of "Music"...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yea but the original fix mentioned both selectiong Spotify and Music, thats why I asked 🙂

I'm still having this problem, but only when I connect through my proxy server. When I connect through a local Wifi connection, Facebook sharing is fine, and all past history suddenly shows up in Facebook at once. But I don't believe it's a geo-location problem. I'm physically in the US, but I work for a German company. However, whether I connect through my proxy server or not, geo tools like http://www.geoiptool.com/ always show me in the US.  

At worst, I'd accept that maybe my connection may get flagged as coming from Germany at some point in the chain, but Spotify is supposed to be available there. So it still shouldn't matter.

Any other suggestions?

even though i zoom no matter what it won't show the cog over music 😞

Ever get an answer to this? I am having similar problems with some stats no longer showing like they used to. My top artists & such aren't even showing anymore.

Hi. I've got a problem about Spotify Social. Indeed, Spotify doesn't share or post anymore on my timeline since the 20th of June. I don't understand because before that day there were no problems. I tried to uninstall and install again Spotify, I tried to disable and enable Spotify from the Facebook account page. Thanks in advance.

Hi... Below is what I've been doing to have a Spotify playlist post to Facebook Timeline and the News Feed. It's not ideal, but it's been working for me so far...

How to Share a Spotify Playlist on Facebook Timeline and in News Feed

This is a method of sharing a Spotify Playlist on Facebook Timeline and Have Post Display in the Facebook News Feed

1) In Spotify - Share the Playlist to Facebook - Should appear in the Facebook Timeline as a Spotify Playlist Post
2) In Facebook View the New Spotify Post - Click on the Text Link in the Post (The Playlist Name) Should take you to a Facebook Music Page that shows your Playlist. The Browser Address Bar URL should look like "http://www.facebook.com/music/playlist/YOUR-PLAYLIST-NAME/...."
3) Copy (CTRL C) the Music Page URL shown in the browser address bar (or right click the playlist text link and select "Copy Link Location")
4) Go back to your Facebook Timeline and Create a New Status Post - Paste (CTRL V) the Playlist URL in the Post Box - You should see your playlist appear in the Facebook Post Preview - Post to Facebook
5) Check the Home Page News Feed - The new manually created post should appear in the Facebook News Feed
6) Go to the original Spotify Playlist Post and HIDE this post from your Facebook Timeline (Do NOT Delete)

You basically end up creating (2) Facebook posts to share a Spotify Playlist - The original Spotify Share post and a manually created Spotify Playlist post - Then hiding the original Spotify post from the timeline. This method works pretty well for sharing Spotify Playlists but not so much for Individual Songs. It's not ideal and the only reason I'm sharing my Spotify Playlists using this method is so that the posts show up in the Facebook News Feed. It would be better if the Spotify App posted shared playlists and individual songs automatically to the Facebook Timeline AND the News Feed.

Im having the same problem, theres no cog thingy to edit with  next to the - global activity can show up in... (screen shot)

No Cog-Gear option on music.jpg

All boxes are checked on spotify drop down in facebook and actual spotify program.. I can see songs ive listened to in the activity log and can manually add them to my timeline,  but I cant see what Im to listening currently  and it doesnt automatcially update, even when refreshed (it used to show up in recent activity box, and nothing is hidden there for me to unhide now)

From what Ive read on communtiy pages there seems to also be an option missing from spotify app on the app setting page Missing option.jpg

On the plus I can see playlists Ive created and Top Artists ive listened to...

So Ive removed the spotify app and reloaded it on fb but it didnt work, except for deleting all my stats for the past few weeks grrrrr. Is there anyway to get these back?

More importantly how do I get it to work properly with Facebook, should I deactivate my fb account then reactivate, would that set all settings back to a default or is it a waste of time. Please help...

Ive spent a couple of hours fiddling around with settings refreshing and stuff and nothing has worked?????  😞

Hiiiii

i have problem with my spotify to post activity and listening to on my facebook timeline 

when i press share button my activity only shared on twitter but not working on facebook

i added the spotify app on fabebook but its not working 😞 any body can help me ? 

Suggested posts