Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

Hey guys,

We did encounter some issues with sharing what you listened to over on Facebook. Hopefully this should be fixed in the next release of the Spotify client - this should be rolling out soon.

UPDATE - We have a nice new preview version you can update to right away right here - Complete with other nice new features such as Crossfade and Gapless playback. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

ok, can't wait for the new client then 🙂

checked everything in spotify and FB.. All the necessary boxes are checked..

however.. it still feels like a FB issue to me.. Could be wrong though 🙂 I'm only just a Test engineer and not a developer 😉

thanks !

I'm having the same problem! I removed Spotify from my timeline, but now that I want to put it back, I can't seem to figure it out. I've checked every box, updated Spotify, removed the app, replaced the app - you name it! Any hints??

You might want to check that this option in the preferences is checked:

Show What I Listen to

If it is checked, make sure that your Facebook privacy settings allow Spotify to post on your timeline.

Facebook Privacy Settings

The Spotify app will need to be able to publish app activity to your timeline, so the "Add app activity to my timeline" setting must be there.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Thank you! It is working again. for some reason, the sharing button on spotify got unchecked. Thaqnks again for your time. 😄

To get Spotify back on your timeline try these steps:
-Go to your profile
-Click on 'Activity Log next to 'Update Info'.
-Click 'All', then scroll down to 'Spotify'.
-Click the cog/gear & then select what you would like Spotify to share with Facebook.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

i hope they'll soon fix it ! what i'd love to share isn't being shared (like which song i'm listening to), and what i don't really want to publish is beigned shared, my friends don't seem to have this problems :<

anyways love spotify and i hope they'll fix it soon !

I have same problem. Spotify doesn't show up with my activity on Facebook. I also tried the preview version of Spotify and doesn't seem to fix anything related to this issue. 

P.S.: the crossfade track is more than welcomed. Thanks guys! 

try following this link guys:

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/how_to_enable_the_facebook_timeline_tried_and_failed#repl...

go to activity log> then instead of spotify, go to music> then hit the gear and make sure all the boxes are ticked.

hope this helps, because it worked for me

Still doesn't work. I've tried all combinations with music and spotify on, one off, one on. My problem is that Spotify activity, on Facebook, shows only if I subscribe to a playlist or modify my playlist. 

I'm having this problem as well 😞

The new client is installed. I have deleted the app, relaunched Spotify and Fb and still nothing. While, back ago, my timeline posted my subscribe to playlists activity, now it's gone. On the activity log for spotify, there's just this message: ''Start using Spotify to publish information to your timeline.''. Any ideas/help?

Irinel, could you get a screenshot of that message for us?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Here you go!

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg627/irinelivan/1-1.jpg

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg627/irinelivan/2.jpg

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg627/irinelivan/3.jpg

Also, I have to mention (I don't know if it is important) that I currently stay in Romania. Therefore, I have a romanian ip. 

Ah, that might be the issue I'm afraid. The Facebook connection doesn't seem to work from non-Spotify countries right now, possibly as a result of the geolocation used by Facebook for apps.

I looked into this in some details over in our old Community. If you want to check the thread out here's a link: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/connected_to_facebook_but_its_not_working

But I don't get it because some small activity was shared like I said in previous comments (when I updated my playlist and also when I subscribed to some playlists). Now I regret that I have deleted my activity ( a screen shot would have been nice). 

Anyway, if there's is no solution at the moment I do hope that soon this bugging issue will be fixed also. Anyway, no matter what, I will go unlimited. It's the first audio streaming service that satisfies me. Keep up the good work, guys.  

wh yiam i nolonger to share my music can u please fix this problem

On facebook Spotify has stopped updating my timeline, how can this be ?

In Spotify the option "Activity sharing - Show what I listen to on facebook" is uncheked. I'm not sure what happens if I check this. I just want to update my timeline, not show each song I listen to onto the list on the right side on facebook.

I'm a little confused by which part of the Facebook integration isn't working for you.

Do you want songs that are played to automatically be put on your timeline? Or do you not want this, but still want to be able to share tracks to Facebook by using the "share to" function?

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Suggested posts