Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Work with Sonos, you are partners right?

Work with Sonos, you are partners right?

Hi,

I know that this might be more of a issue to Sonos, but as is is said, 'it takes two to tango'... Smiley Very Happy

Can you please implement some kind of way to integrate sonos playback capabilities into Spotify progam / apps ?

The intuitive ways of spotify will never be implemented into Sonos and that is a major drawback.

Sonos is just to play music wireless, Why could not the stream come from Spotify program / app..

Mabye even witout any control options but just to stream the music from Spotify, volume and all other Sonos settings

i could do without from Spotify interface.. 

As it is now you almost have to make playlists in Spotify just for that moment to bring up in Sonos to listen to.

i hope this makes sense...

EDIT: Damm.. just realized that this might not be correct place to post developemnt issues. Does Spotify even take notice of what is written on the forums? might need to call em...

5 Replies

When will Sonos and Spotify get their act together?  The current service level is totally unacceptable. Someboby needs to take some iniative here and sort things out

Hi TonyV - not quite sure what you are asking ... you want to play Spotify in the desktop app, but listen to that via your Sonos equipment? This is possible, although unofficially - do a Google search for DSBridge and you should get the info you need. I used it once for a party when the Sonos specific Spotify service was down and it worked well.

Hi chuckandmo - what exactly is your issue? At the moment I am having no problems with Spotify through Sonos, although this could vary by region. If there are issues you should log them with Sonos support. It may sound a bit crap to just point you elsewhere, but Sonos are responsible for their Spotify implementation and, honestly, their support service is first class - if you can get them to look into it there's a much better chance of getting it resolved than it it falls to an actual Spotify problem

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Well thats nice that there is a way to play from Spotify program and listen on Sonos.

But then again, unofficially Smiley Frustrated.

I bought Sonos mostly for simplicity (and design) and having to go that extra mile to use it

in a way that is not supposed to, is not ok.

And i think chuckandmo was just agreeing to my views. Else that would be hijacking my thread.

What is my probelm? That is glaringly obvious. I have contacted Sonos and they will get back to me as promised. Sonos and Spotify have to work together otherwise Sonos need to put on their website that t here are potential problems with Spotify. I will be pointing this out to them. For Spotify to treat customers with such disdain is disgraceful and potentially damaging in the long run

Ok. I was simply trying to point out that the Spotify offering through Sonos is a Sonos responsibility. Just trying to help - it wasn't immediately clear whether you were simply vehemently agreeing with the OP or had another specific issue we could try to help with.

But like I said Sonos support staff are excellent and if you have intermittent problems with the Spotify access through Sonos they can use your diagnostics to assess your network in case there is an issue there or elsewhere - you may just need to provide them with log files from your Sonos boxes

Good luck with that
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts