Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Worship/Christian Genre Removed

Solved!

Worship/Christian Genre Removed

Went to find the genre for worship music and it is no where to be found. Why was this removed and is it coming back? It was there before Christmas.

Canada

Multiple platforms

Family Premium

2020-01-02 13.02.04.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate all the feedback you've given us on this so far 🙂

Since an idea for this has now been created, we'd like to ask you to add your feedback to the relevant thread so that we can keep track of it more easily:

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hey!

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device.

The best place to learn more or give feedback is at our Community. To make a suggestion or leave feedback, go to the Ideas section.

Have a nice day!

It's gone for me too. 

Hey @jnatyshen,

Feel free to create an Idea in the Ideas Exchange if you'd like to see anything changed.

The more votes you get the more likely your idea will be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Why was it removed in the first place?  It's been there for so long... now we have to petition to have it re-instated?  Honestly, I don't believe that this was meant to be  a new feature or an improvement. What it feels like is an offence to those who want to listen to this genre of music. I'm disheartened about this "improvement".  Please restore this genre. 

This isn't about creating an idea or something new. We're asking why something that has been around for years is removed. Was this intentional, or is it a bug?

I tried to email Spotify about this to ask why it was removed, and they said:

"Thanks for reaching out. We understand you having an issue with the difficulty in locating the christian genre. Not to worry, we'll be checking this out.

Checking on our end, we're not seeing a Christian genre. Not to worry, we have a curated playlists with a few songs we think you might like. You can head here to check it out and let us know how it goes.

Also to make those songs more accessible to you, we'd suggest following a few of those artists of the songs you really like. In doing this, songs of that genre will appear more often as it will be apart of your listening history.
We hope this clarifies things. Should you have any other concerns, we're just an email away."

Very unhelpful. They don't even confirm that there was a Christian genre, which we all know there was... It had a picture of a dove from the browse screen. 

If they are running out of room for listing genres from browse then couldn't they at the very least still make searchable "christian genre" and have all the officially connected playlists come up? I'm really frustrated by this and contemplating cancelling my membership if the genre is not reinstated. 😞 

As already stated in some of the replies here, removing the Christian genre is not an improvement or a feature. Please answer: Why was the genre removed, and if it isn't being reinstated, please tell us plainly so we can consider alternative solutions as customers. I pay for premium membership primarily to access and listen to the Christian genre and its sub-genres.

Thanks!

Edit: I actually can't even find any Christian sub-genres. I've been trying to browse through each of the genres looking for an "Inspirational" category where it would be in but haven't been able to! Surprised that such a well-used / listened to genre can just go off the map in regards to accessibility. 

Guido, that isn’t an answer to the question. Do you job man. 

So... do we have an update? I see new genre's being added to this... but still no Christian genre, lots of other "genres" but still no love here.  Gotta say, the lack of an official response to this is troubling... especially since as a Christian artist having content on here I do not get my genre represented.  Come on Spotify, do something about this.

This is disappointing, Spotify. Why isn't there at least an 'Inspirational' category??

Has there been any update for this issue? 

I miss clicking this genre on the list. 

I have been impacted by this too. I used to use the sub-genres of the Christian genre a lot of find new music and now it's gone.

To say I'm disappointed is a big understatement and as got me considering my music streaming options for the first time after being a subscriber for many years.

Please bring this Genre back...  

Hugely disappointed to see that it's gone. If you want to add new genres, fine. But don't try to pretend it doesn't exist. 

Hey @luminousnwired,

I had a look-around and was able to find what you're looking for:

Just type in the following into Search: spotify:genre:inspirational

That should bring up the Christian genre with the relevant Spotify-curated playlists.

inspirational.PNG

Hope that helps! Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with 😉

works but tiles or breadcrumbs are far more intuitive

This does work, but seems ridiculous that we have to do this. There are tons of other genres on the browse page, why can't this one be there too? Is there someone we can contact to request bringing this back? Super disappointing that it is hidden like this. 

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Althought, we're not satisfied with this. There is no logic reason why you should remove a genre such as christian and add other genres at the same time. It really feels like a direct attack against christian subscribers who want to listen to their music easily. We would like to have the christian genre back in the browse section. Thank you.

Hey everyone!

We completely understand how important this is for you and we'd love to help out further.

When it comes to passing on feedback about the app, we recommend that our users head to the Ideas broad. This is place not only to suggest new features, but leave feedback about changes that have been made. You can take a look here to see how your comments in that section of the Community reach the right teams at Spotify.

If you'd like to see the Christian genre back in the browse section, the best way to communicate this to Spotify is to create an idea following the steps here. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented or a feature to be brought back.

We hope this shines some more light on the situation at hand. We're always here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Posted it as an idea, people who want this genre back, go vote for it!!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Browse-Bring-Back-Christian-Music-Ge...

Suggested posts