Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Wrapped 2018 playlist not representative

6 people liked this

Re: Wrapped 2018 playlist not representative

thomaschenk
Casual Listener

Why would spotify do this?

I really don't understand, it was acurate previous years. Why not now?

2 people liked this

andremassotti
Casual Listener

I too have this problem.

Is there anything we can do?

I really like the idea of the most played playlist. Last year was amazing.

Can we find this some other way?

1 person liked this

flexes92

exact same problem

2 people liked this

alex_perez

Same issue over here, haven't even hear most of the songs a single time

2 people liked this

kmarshello

Same issue here. Super bummed that my Top Songs playlist includes none of my most played artists/songs, including my favorite band that I listened to 50 hours this year! That's according to their "Wrapped" feature, which seems pretty accurate. 

Agreed with others, loved this playlist in the past, so disappointed in this years algorithm. 

2 people liked this

poltergeist-nl

Same issue here. My "Your Top Songs of 2018" infact contains some songs which I have been skiping as soon as they would start playing when I would lisen to the original playlist they are part of. Some of the songs which I listended on heavy rotation and have in a separate playlist haven't made it to the "Your Top Songs of 2018"  eventhough this heavy rotation playlist was created by me somewhere in the different of this year and it does satisfy their criteria of having different genres and artists. In fact barely half of the songs on my most listened to custm made playlist made it to "Your Top Songs of 2018" . I really wish they had enabled the option to edit the list 

1 person liked this

geekyvalkyrie
Casual Listener

I listen to rain and white noise on private mode while I sleep. Apparently, private mode didn't keep Spotify from triumphantly announcing that my most listened to tracks and artists were all rain. :/ Woo?

My Top 100 Songs and Tastebreakers are pretty nifty so far. Just a bit bummed that after I have 204,500 minutes (40% of the entire year!), I was looking forward to some new insight about my musical and genre tastes and I got a big fat raincloud instead. 

tenbrink
Casual Listener

Yup. Compared to my last.fm stats there are some major differences, the only thing that is correct is my number one played artist. I wonder why... all hail Spotify's allmighty omnipotent algorithms, they are just fantastic!

2 people liked this

dazfreitas

Same problem here. There’s even a song on my playlist that I listened like 15 seconds of it ONCE. It’s disappointing to spot a song that I absolut hate on my “2018 Wrapped”...

jadelfyfe

Experiencing same issue. Says Thin Lizzy is one of my top artists... Now dont get me wrong not bashing Thin Lizzy in any way at all but I think I have listened to them twice in my life... Never on Spotify so find it bizarre where they get their workings from. Rest I do agree with though... but would love to know how they have made it in my top artists considering I dont even listen to them. 

SUGGESTED POSTS