Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong artist's albums

Solved!

Wrong artist's albums

Hello! I'm new here.. I've found that under artist "Kino" there are many albums wrong. The problem is that are been confused Russian band "Kino" and rapper Kiño, they are cataloged as the same artist. Is this the correct topic to ask for a fix? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. You can report content errors such as this using this form.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for sharing link with people.

Happy days!

Hi Lumilums,

the link doesnt work. Can you post the correct one? thanks

Marked as solution

Hi. You can report content errors such as this using this form.

Hi, my artistic name is Nään with diaeresis, no naan. 

My album is "...Dreamer dog" created by Nään. Please modify.

Thanks!

Hey. I think you need to contact your aggregator and ask them to amend the details in the spotify database.

Hahaha, sorry!

I was drunk wrong .

Still thanks ;D

There are many wrong albums on a wrong artist discography. For example Spotify do not recodnize "Architect" from The Architect" and between electronic for example, music you have hard core album by the different artist. Check that out!

@pgielzak if this really bothers you, you can notify Spotify through this form (essentially the same form as earlier in the thread).

The problem is that Spotify doesn't actually control the Metadata directly, it just mirrors the information the aggregator/record companies data. It also has a difficult time differentiating artists with the same name, because the system is run by a computer that has difficulty telling the difference.

By notifying Spotify, they will try to differentiate artists and contact Aggregators to alert them to the error.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

Suggested posts