Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Xbox One) Spotify Not Playing Music

(Xbox One) Spotify Not Playing Music

Plan

Free

Country

United States of America

Device

Xbox One

Operating System

My Question or Issue

While I was listening to Spotify on my Xbox One an ad came on and the ad played through but after the ad finished my Spotify wouldn’t play the next song. I opened the app to try and play a different song and it wouldn’t play anything. I hard reset my console, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and logged out and logged in and the app is still bugged. Please fix!

14 Replies

Just started having the same issue. Clicked on a song and nothing..

This has been happening to me for over a few days(ever since it made you choose a profile). Also just trying to have the app play a song will not even work most of the time, although it will always try to play the last song played on my phone(on the xbox, but plays no sound at all).

Also, like the OP, ads will always kill the playlist if you somehow got it to run in the first place. 

I've had the same thing happen to me over the last few days, the only temporary fix i've had was a day later it would work again until like an hour later then it stopped working.

I've been having the exact same issues as well. I got it to work for maybe a day, then it happened again. 

Same. Cant play anything.

And here I thought it was just cause my WiFi's trash. Please fix this, it's so quiet in here...

It's happening to me too, very frustrating! I've tried uninstalling app, clearing xbox cache etc. Nothing works. And it randomly worked again yesterday and then not working today.

I'm facing a similar issue with my Xbox 360. By the way, I just came across this article explaining the difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox One: https://epicgamedeals.com/xbox-360-vs-xbox-one/ 

Does it have anything to do with Spotify too? Is Spotify not compatible with Xbox 360? Please advise. I'm struggling big time. I managed to play one track (not full) and then everything went for a toss.

Same problem here!

October of 2020, just happened to me, are there any fixes at all?

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here. 

To everyone still experiencing this we recommend that they perform a reinstall of the Spotify app on their console. Make sure to shut down and unplug the device for a couple of seconds before the new installation. This is a simple, but often overlooked step. 

If that doesn't fix thing, it's a good idea to see if Xbox comes under the list of third party apps that have access to Spotify. If it does, remove it by following these instructions and log in on your console anew.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Me too

Has anyone ever figured out how to fix this. Mine just started not working.

Hey @kdurk215

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if you've tried the steps suggested by @Mihail above? Make sure you try them and let us know the outcome. 

In case the issue persists after trying out these steps we'll advise you further. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Suggested posts