Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Xbox one music keeps pausing every couple of seconds

Solved!

Xbox one music keeps pausing every couple of seconds

Plan

Free

Country

UK 

Device

Xbox One 

My Question or Issue

Every 1-3 seconds of me playing a song it instantly pauses, i have tried logging out and signing back in, i have changed my password, i have uninstalled the app and re installed i have tried alot of things to try to fix the issue but it still pauses. but only on the xbox. on all my other devices it plays completely fine, just the xbox one

30 Replies

Yes, looked like that worked thanks 

It’s tricky you can’t mess with the app when it starts going but it’s a fix for now

I had the same issue but got it working again.

Go to Spotify Account settings online and press log out of all devices or locations. Log back in again and it might work. For me it didn't seem to work to begin with but after spamming play and pause a few times its worked fine since.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

The right teams took a look backstage and this should be fixed now! Please make sure you're on the latest version of the app 🙂

If you're on the latest version of the app and you're still experiencing this, we absolutely want to know. Please post in Help - Other if you are so we can investigate ASAP.

Have a good one!

Thank you to the techs that fixed the issue!

Still having this issue with version 2.4.23.70

still having this problem with the latest version

Hey @jesscalvello and @jstees,

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried reinstalling the app on your devices? This issue was reported fixed, so its more likely that some of the installation files have gotten corrupted and are causing this behavior.

You should also shut down and unplug your Xbox for a couple of seconds before giving it another go. This is a simple, but often overlooked step.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The right teams took a look backstage and this should be fixed now! Please make sure you're on the latest version of the app 🙂

I'm having these problems as of about last week? Has anything changed?

Have deleted the app, re-installed, tried internal vs. external drives on my Xbox, etc.

Hey there @ParryForte,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Good job on the troubleshooting you've done so far! We haven't received a lot of new reports of this issue, so the reason of this behavior is more likely device or account related.

One thing you can still try is to check if Xbox comes up under the list of third party apps that have access to Spotify. If that's the case, remove this access and let us know if that makes a difference. You can learn how to do this here.  

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

We haven't received a lot of new reports of this issue, so the reason of this behavior is more likely device or account related.

That would be weird, because the account works fine on e.g. phones or whatever, and the Xbox works fine with ... well, absolutely everything else 🙂 I mean, I get that tracking these things down can be hard, but it's difficult to reconcile "problem at your end" with all the other things working great.

I initially thought it might be something to do with Spotify's handoff between phone and Xbox, but the problem persists if I use the XBox to play a playlist without using the phone. Sometimes it's five songs, sometimes ten, but it will always fail to keep playing at a random point (most often, but not limited to, the start of a track).

One thing you can still try is to check if Xbox comes up under the list of third party apps that have access to Spotify. If that's the case, remove this access and let us know if that makes a difference. You can learn how to do this here.  

Thanks for the suggestion. The Xbox doesn't appear there (only the PlayStation) and to the best of my recollection hasn't ever. 

I can't find many settings within the Spotify Xbox app itself - are there other things I could try?

Suggested posts