Xbox one music keeps pausing every couple of seconds

Plan

Free

Country

UK 

Device

Xbox One 

My Question or Issue

Every 1-3 seconds of me playing a song it instantly pauses, i have tried logging out and signing back in, i have changed my password, i have uninstalled the app and re installed i have tried alot of things to try to fix the issue but it still pauses. but only on the xbox. on all my other devices it plays completely fine, just the xbox one

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

The right teams took a look backstage and this should be fixed now! Please make sure you're on the latest version of the app 🙂

If you're on the latest version of the app and you're still experiencing this, we absolutely want to know. Please post in Help - Other if you are so we can investigate ASAP.

Have a good one!

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Hey @Yogie_Baird! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This issue is already under investigation. 

Be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

I've been having the same issue for the last week or so. No luck.

I’m having the same issue, I hope they fix this soon.

I was looking forward to music today too.. I've switched to an old account, re installed, logged out, logged in, quit the app, re opened the app.. everything but still no music.. very disappointed 

Exactly as you said. Tried everyhing mentioned here before.

Hosting party tonight and can't play music... how embarrasing.

Made this account to share a way past this that i found worked. Start spotify then go to settings>network settings>go offline, go back on spotify in the quick guide and hit play wait a few seconds then go back to network settings and go online again hope this helps.

Having the same issue and eagerly awaiting that solution! Quite inconvenient,  my Xbox One is my home entertianment system and no music is a bummer. Dear Spotify, please fix!!!

Mine is doing the same thing. Plays a song for 3 sec. Stops. Guess i'll message them on twitter and see if I get a reaponse.

I FIGURED IT OUT REMOVE IT OUT OF UR PLAYLIST AND RE ADD IT WILL CONTINUE PLAYING. U will have to do it with every song

Problem has been acknowledged by Xbox Support in Twitter also:

"We see your reports of songs pausing shortly after playing music in the Spotify app on Xbox One. We will pass this information along to our partners and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for reporting to us!"

1. Gave it a try Kirkkeh, it actually worked. Nice

You genius! It worked!!!! Thanks!

SailingPizza06 is my XBOX

Thanks man that actually worked glad I paid attention to what you said and got around this annoying bug!

Yes this is very annoying as everytime I try to play a song it just pauses after like three seconds

Like that other guy said play a song and if it pauses then go to Xbox setting then network and network setting and go offline. Then go back to Spotify and press play. Wait a few seconds then go back online. That worked for me

Tried the offline thing but it just kept pausing once i went back online 😞

Like that other guy said play a song and if it pauses then go to Xbox setting then network and network setting and go offline. Then go back to Spotify and press play. Wait a few seconds then go back online. That worked for me

Make sure when your offline it’s playing then go back online well it’s playing. It’s a temporary fix and you can’t change the album but this is a very recent bug and Xbox is already posted publicly they’re working to fix it. 

Suggested posts