Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha R-N 500 - Spotify Connnect not working anymore

Yamaha R-N 500 - Spotify Connnect not working anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

PC / Samsung Galaxy Note9 / Yamaha R-N 500

Operating System

Windows 10 / Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I was able to use Spotify with my R-N 500 in the past, but now the A/V receiver is not in the list of available devices any more. I can easily switch playback between my PC and the Note9, but not transfer to the R-N 500. Latest firmware is installed, all devices restartet etc. The R-N 500 is neither found from my PC nor the Note9. It is connected via LAN and can be accessed by browser, too. Can anyone help?

Best regards

Stefan

11 Replies

Hey @stna1981.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's start off with a quick reinstallation first. You can read here how. If that didn't help, we'd like to find out first if this is an account issue. Do you have to chance to try a friend or family members account to see if there is any change? This will help us with further troubleshooting.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Mine doesn't work either. According to Spotify, they have removed the device from their list of approved devices. That is totally unacceptable to me. I have bought my device to just use with Spotify and have done so since it was bought without any problems. So why do you do this? I'm very disappointed.

Where did you find that information?

@Spotify: For what reason has this device been removed? This is totally unacceptable!

From Spotify support team

And what did they tell being the reason for this?

Thank you for contacting us. We are happy to help and explain why your amplifier does not appear in the device list anymore.

We have removed the Spotify integration for some Yamaha speakers and amplifiers. We always try to add and remove functions to improve the overall experience of Spotify and we regret that this means that you cannot use the service in the same way as before.

We recommend that you check out Spotify Gear to see which devices are supported and what is available to you.

We hope this explains things. If you are wondering about something else, you know where we are.

Please,

Diana

Spotify Customer Support

Seems completely crazy according to me.

@guido @stna1981                    

hey and thanks a lot for posting! i just had the same issue until i checked and performed an update on my r-n500 (press setup on the remote, then go into network settings -> update). i am on version 1.17 now and it works flawlessly (so far). hope it helps!

If you read my first post - newest firmware is installed already.

Mine R-N500 was working till April/May 2020.

Now I see the device and even I'm able to start playing but it stops randomly sometimes resuming after a minute or two.

What a pity that (if the answer about lack of support/interest is true) both Spotify and Yamaha treat customers this way. This type of device is not something you change every second year so support should be provided for years after stopping selling.

Well,

Try to fight a little more and that is what I found:

• the problem was aplified when there were my desktop PC and RN500 run same time with Spotify - so I did some tests and ...
  • if a PC Spotify is disabled and RN500 enabled + Spotify on phone it works much better
  • with another PC it was working (same system, similar set of soft)
  • the disturbing PC - I've checked firewall settings and the was some traffic from R-N500 device apparently blocked - so added the rule to allow that traffic
  • I set also RN500 to use static IP instead DHCP

As a result it improves - not perfect but generally much more stable and I'm able to controll it now from both comp and phone.

Maybe above will be a hint for somebody

Suggested posts