Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha R-N602 Spotify issue

Yamaha R-N602 Spotify issue

Premium subscriber

Operating System

Apple IOS 12/ Yamaha with Spotify connect

My Question or Issue

recent issue that I have had before that randomly fixed itself, but this time it hasn’t. I like to connect my N602 Reciever to Spotify and control it with my iPhone. I mostly like to just select all my songs, and hit Random and just go through songs like that, but lately my songs all play in alphabetical order when connected to the N602 with Random enabled. If I de-connect Spotify from the Reciever and just listen on my phone, I have no problem. I can even see the next song image change when I select the Reciever. What is going on, is is a OS glitch or something? Is this a Spotify issue or a Yamaha issue?

thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Hey @Viking37, help's here. 

First, we suggest that you reinstall the app, and restart the receiver by unplugging it and then plugging it back in again.

If that doesn't work, we'd like to gather some more info about this:

• Is this happening with certain playlists/all songs? Try different sections of the app and Shuffle play and see if it makes a difference.
  • Try connecting to other devices/speakers.
  • Try using another device to connect to the same speaker.

A screenshot would be very helpful here. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

so I reinstalled the app on my phone and unplugged my Reciever to reboot it. That helped the alphabetical play, but now on Shuffle it groups like 5-8 albums together and plays random songs off those albums. I tried it on different play lists but the same thing happens. If I connect to my Sonos I do not have this issue. What is weird is that is I restart the app on my phone and listen through the phone all is fine, while I’m listening if I choose to listen on the Yamaha Reciever, I can see next song in the frame changes, like the Reciever has its own shuffle. After I have done this and switch back to my listening on my phone the problem remains. Almost like once I connect to the Reciever it screws everything up and I need to reboot the app with it playing through the phone.

Thanks

PS. Never mind, the Alphabetical playing has started again, and now the app won’t play the next song when I skip. 

F9991A84-DF29-4C40-B303-F3833AC5DDDA.png

Hey @Viking37.

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

Have you tried any other music apps to see if the issue persists? That way we will be able to determine whether this is an issue specific to Spotify, or whether this is happening across all music apps with a shuffle function.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

So I tried other music apps, and unfortunately I could not get the others to do what is happening with Spotify, but that is because I could not get any of them to connect direct to my Reciever. They all just wanna play through AirPlay. So I guess that doesn’t help anything. 

I don’t know if it’s related to your issues, but Airplay with the Spotify iOS app and my Yamaha receiver has gone wonky recently. It used to be that I could connect the Yamaha to play Spotify as a “device” (since Yamaha supports Spotify directly), and once I did that I could control the music via my phone, but things like phone calls and videos still played through my phone, while the Yamaha continued to play music. Recently however, the Yamaha only connects via traditional Airplay, which is highly annoying. Any time I get a phone call or do anything that makes a sound (timer, video, Siri, etc) it pauses the music on the Yamaha. 

Hey @Viking37.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Your issue might be related to one which is currently an ongoing issue. We are aware of it and our tech folks are currently looking into. 

We suggest you head over to the relevant thread, leave the required information and add your vote to it. We'll keep you updated there.

@jmv_colorado - this seems to be a separate issue concerning AirPlay. Could you create a new thread about it in the Community? We'll help you out as soon as you do (and feel free to link to it in this thread).

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts