Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha Yas 209 soundbar and spotify connect sync issue

Yamaha Yas 209 soundbar and spotify connect sync issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Yamaha Yas 209 ( Sound bar)

My Question or Issue

I am using spotify connect to play music in my Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar. Whenever i start the connection, it looks fine and then music starts playing. But after a random time, spotify loses connection to YAS 209. This would mean one of the following scenarios happening

1.  The playback completely stopping and spotify losing connection with the sound bar or.

2. The playback continuing but when i look up in my phone/laptop spotify app, the sync has been lost. It would look like its paused in the app, but the sound bar keeps playing. Once this happens i have no way of controlling the music playback. The best solution would be to restart the sound bar.

My internet is very stable during this time and i dont think this has to do anything with the network. I have even tried with Ethernet and same behaviour prevails. It would be great to know if anyone has faced the same issue as well? 

4 Replies

Don't Ever bother asking me because the Yas 109/209 soundbar are down until the next firmware update comes out after update it will work all the time Matt Esmond PH 13 74 25 Yamaha music Australia from YAMAHA said because Spotify connect is unavailable at the moment until next firmware update sorry for the convenience

Hey @fredthered,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

It may be the case that some of the apps files have gotten damaged and are causing such connectivity issues. You mention that you use a smartphone and a laptop to control your soundbar, it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on them. This way all the installation files get built from the ground up. You can learn how to do this here.

If that doesn't fix things it would be great if you let us know whether or not this issue come up with another internet connection.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,
 I have a similar issue. 
I connect to yas-209 from spotify app and close the app without issues, but when i try to reopen spotify app it disconnects from the soundbar. 
I tried safe reinstall as suggested , but doesnt change anything.

Hey @Erdeym,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind giving this solution a try since the related issue is also with respect to a Yamaha receiver? 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts