Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha rn301 all of a sudden refuses

Solved!

Yamaha rn301 all of a sudden refuses

Hi all, 

Running premium for several years, all just fine and dandy as should. However, as since yesterday, my yamaha rn301 refuses to accept routed streams. At least up to a week ago it behaved well. Other services( internet radio, local cd) still function ok.

Now I can listen either on phone, tablet, or pc, and route streams to my other connect device (sony srs7) anyway i want. The rn301 is in the list of options to connect to, but when i select it, the device flashes a message "need premium" and just will not play.

Any light to be shed?

Thx

Jw

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey man! Not sure if they've done all the receivers, but the moderator
Leonardo shot me a message to update the firmware directly using the
remote. That resolved the issue for me. Hope they got your model squared
away too.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Me too as of yesterday

Mine does the same. I have a Yamaha RX-A740 and it shows up under "Connect to a device" but when I select it it goes back to the screen saying "Connecting..." but never connects. I hope this isn't some dumb firmware issue where they are dropping certain receivers, especially some that are less that 5 years old.

You might be one of the many users that got the short end of the stick. I'm one of them as well. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

Bad corporate move to drop the support for Spotify Connect. Apple Airplay 2 will have Airplay 1 backwards compatibility, why can't Spotify keep backward compatibility. I've cancelled my subscription, no need to hang around here any longer.

me too! argh

That sounds like a joke. I have bought the Yamaha R-N301 four months ago and now it's not working with Spotify Connect. Thanks for showing **bleep** to the customers.

Marked as solution

Hey man! Not sure if they've done all the receivers, but the moderator
Leonardo shot me a message to update the firmware directly using the
remote. That resolved the issue for me. Hope they got your model squared
away too.

firmware update has fixed it for me! phew

Indeed, updated, reconnected and all works again. Great

Hi

Can somebody advise me what firmware version do you have after update please.

I'm on 1.04, Spotify Premium no longer works and I cant update firmware right now - since some time when I try to run/force update, first it says there is update available, starts only with S1-1:0% message and very soon exits with " System Error" or "Device Error". Note, that in far past it always worked OK.

I sniff something went wrong once in past updates or get corrupted and I won't be able to update myself, and may need Yamaha service to do some repair.

So I called Yamaha official Polish distributor/service, but guy was not helpful at all, he said that once update will be available it will go smoothly, and right now it won't as there is no new Firmware. Reading this thread now I sniff guy didn't wanted to help me and lied to me, just wanted to send me off quickly.

So, I need confirmation on firmware number, so I have strong argument to use Warranty for repair (it expires in 3 months, so need to sort out asap)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone app

Yamaha RN301

Operating System

iOS 15.5

Yamaha Firmware 1.13

My Question or Issue

Since more than six months I have not been able to listen via Spotify connect on my Yamaha receiver any longer since whenever I start an album it will start playing like 2-4 songs then jump back to the first song, sometimes play 1-2, jump back, keep repeating the first songs over and over again.

I am able to use AirPlay without any issue with the same devices, and was hoping that this would fix itself, but it clearly doesn’t. Any ideas?

Dear moderator,

I did indeed check for similar posts before posting and found this one but came to the conclusion that it does NOT solve my issues.

1) As you can see in my description above, my problem is different, I CAN connect but after connecting Spotify will not successfully play an album but rather start repeating the first song.

2) I did check my Yamaha app and it says that my firmware is up to date. Also updating through the remote directly does not change anything.

Please do not treat me like an **bleep** and carefully consider my post before trying to help.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

David

2C0221C6-5FC8-4993-BF42-F50ECABDFEC6.png

Suggested posts