Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha rx v775 & spotify connect - glitchy playback

Solved!

Yamaha rx v775 & spotify connect - glitchy playback

Hi all,

I've got spotify connect functioning with my Yamaha amp, songs will start flawlessly however after a few seconds of playback I'm getting 1 second or so pauses in the playback, which continues if  keep listening. My internet connection should be up to the task, I can stream at "extreme" bit rate from my phone on the same network.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anyway to troubleshoot this? Can I reduce the bit rate that the amp streams at

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

64 Replies

Yes just updated the firmware a week ago, to 1.13 I believe. Made no difference. 

Experienced same glitchy song play (dropouts) when setting up a new Yamaha WSC-50 (updated firmware) using the musiccast app on Android (latest updates).  After Google searching, found this thread and changed DNS to google's 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4. After restarting all devices the Spotify Streaming song playback glitches / dropouts /  pauses were corrected.  So far smooth streaming whether via the Musiccast or Spotify apps. Thankyou to this threads contributors for posting the DNS work around.  Hope Yamaha SW Coders & QA Testers resolve this SW bug in a future firmware update.  (Note: I live in a remote area and my ISP is via Satellite)  

Thanks man 🙂 kinda old topic but unluckily problem is still relevant. Why the **bleep** every single problem with anything network related almost always comes down to inappropriate DNS 😄

Marked as solution

Latest firmware has fixed this once and for all for me.

Also fixed here. Pity Yamaha and/or Spotify didn't let anyone know about it
though!

Suggested posts