You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

KirillPeremenny
Casual Listener

I have not seen a less friendly interface before.
the text of the errors is absolutely not informative.
guess what is wrong - impossible!
choosing traffic lights from google capcha for every move is disgusting

I also had to guess to fill the field music tags to ask this question

2019-06-02 09.56.43.png
14 Replies

Re: You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

OlciOn
Composer

I still try to understand how I can provide a 'valid link'. Weird interface for sure, it never seems to find any playlist of mine.

Re: You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

blyssabyss
Music Fan

I've tried making a post, for over 30 minutes. Not an enjoyable experience. Certainly the problem is at Spotify's end :)

Highlighted

ElimGarak72
Gig Goer

I'm having the same problem today, never happened before.
Looks like URL links have changed. They don't include the name of the user anymore, so they're not recognized. At least I think this is the issue. The strange thing is that URI don't work either.  

Hey @KirillPeremenny.

Thanks for getting in touch1

Have you tried it in a different web-browser to see if that fixes the issue?

Hope it does! let us know if you have futher questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

OlciOn
Composer

Yes, I actually try it on web browser via PC and Android. I saw that many user, also, complain about the issue. You may disable the url/link section, or don't make it into requirements for a while and let us share playlists like we do everywhere else in the forum. It's quick fix until it's back in it's track. Thanks for the feedback my friend,

Bests,

ElimGarak72
Gig Goer

Hello and first of all thank you for the answer.

I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Everytime I click on "Submit", i get this error message: "You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange"

I've tried pasting either the URI and the link, but nothing seems to work. This is the first time I've tried to post a new playlist sinc the 27th of May and I've never had any problem before.

Thanks again!

nicoad
Regular

wanted to share a playlist too, and get into this issue. seriously spotify? 

Dawgula
Regular

Hey!

If you've still got this problem there's a fix that helped me perfectly.

When adding your "Spotify Playlist Link" instead of just pasting your Spotify Playlist URI do this:

Right-click the name of your Spotify account on the desktop client, click share and copy Spotify URI, paste the URI into the "Spotify Playlist link". When this is done copy your playlist URI as well and paste that besides the account URI in the "Spotify Playlist link" tab.

This is what it's gonna look like with my URI's as an example.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouwspotify:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

The last step is to remove the Spotify part from the second URI you pasted in, so it would look like this.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouw:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

I will attach a picture for you.

21.jpg

ElimGarak72
Gig Goer

It worked, thank you! I really hope Spotify will fix this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS