Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

Solved!

You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange

I have not seen a less friendly interface before.
the text of the errors is absolutely not informative.
guess what is wrong - impossible!
choosing traffic lights from google capcha for every move is disgusting

I also had to guess to fill the field music tags to ask this question

2019-06-02 09.56.43.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

If you've still got this problem there's a fix that helped me perfectly.

When adding your "Spotify Playlist Link" instead of just pasting your Spotify Playlist URI do this:

Right-click the name of your Spotify account on the desktop client, click share and copy Spotify URI, paste the URI into the "Spotify Playlist link". When this is done copy your playlist URI as well and paste that besides the account URI in the "Spotify Playlist link" tab.

This is what it's gonna look like with my URI's as an example.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouwspotify:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

The last step is to remove the Spotify part from the second URI you pasted in, so it would look like this.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouw:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

I will attach a picture for you.

View solution in original post

21.jpg
18 Replies

I still try to understand how I can provide a 'valid link'. Weird interface for sure, it never seems to find any playlist of mine.

I've tried making a post, for over 30 minutes. Not an enjoyable experience. Certainly the problem is at Spotify's end 🙂

I'm having the same problem today, never happened before.
Looks like URL links have changed. They don't include the name of the user anymore, so they're not recognized. At least I think this is the issue. The strange thing is that URI don't work either.  

Hey @KirillPeremenny.

Thanks for getting in touch1

Have you tried it in a different web-browser to see if that fixes the issue?

Hope it does! let us know if you have futher questions.

Have a nice day!

Yes, I actually try it on web browser via PC and Android. I saw that many user, also, complain about the issue. You may disable the url/link section, or don't make it into requirements for a while and let us share playlists like we do everywhere else in the forum. It's quick fix until it's back in it's track. Thanks for the feedback my friend,

Bests,

Hello and first of all thank you for the answer.

I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Everytime I click on "Submit", i get this error message: "You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange"

I've tried pasting either the URI and the link, but nothing seems to work. This is the first time I've tried to post a new playlist sinc the 27th of May and I've never had any problem before.

Thanks again!

wanted to share a playlist too, and get into this issue. seriously spotify? 

Marked as solution

Hey!

If you've still got this problem there's a fix that helped me perfectly.

When adding your "Spotify Playlist Link" instead of just pasting your Spotify Playlist URI do this:

Right-click the name of your Spotify account on the desktop client, click share and copy Spotify URI, paste the URI into the "Spotify Playlist link". When this is done copy your playlist URI as well and paste that besides the account URI in the "Spotify Playlist link" tab.

This is what it's gonna look like with my URI's as an example.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouwspotify:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

The last step is to remove the Spotify part from the second URI you pasted in, so it would look like this.

spotify:user:489mhtxh97ir8v60zm5662ouw:playlist:7fDBfqRDql6MBp4ISjONLJ

I will attach a picture for you.

21.jpg

It worked, thank you! I really hope Spotify will fix this. 

I have the same problem. Pasting URL/URI is impossible, neither way I try. For example, this is how the URI from my Microsoft Application looks like: 

spotify:playlist:6GXC0eBSw0RYiRCNBeS7

It recognizes the playlist, but after I click post, the before mentioned error occurs. 

I am using Google Chrome and uBlock Plug-In (if that has anything to do with it). Now I tried with Microsoft Edge, and I can not even Log In, as it says "Page Not Found" after clicking Log In. 

Any help is appreciated. 

I tried that before, but if I copy the URI of my spotify user, it just says spotify:user:usernamexy instead of the code, so I cannot meet that freaking criteria. 

Here is a screenshot as well, does not matter how, if try just the spotify:playlist:xxx it is the same. Microsoft Edge is not working at all, and I dont want to necessarly install another browser just to post a playlist from spotify to the spotify community. Please look into this seriously

Unbenannt.jpg

Perfect!!! this worked 😉

thanks a looooot

I too was getting this error too, very frustrating. Your solution worked! I deleted the two URIs and then went to recopy them and both were coppied together then my playlist submission worked, Thanks!

If you don't get the full user id when you copy your username's URI, go to the actual URL and it will be at the end, like this: https://open.spotify.com/user/alexpunct?si=32n5vP6RRr-G53eaiWORbA and just copy the last part after si=

Now the playlist URI would become:

spotify:user:sT_U_vKnSmyVPCx06L_85A:playlist:5pNlVa5JcE3ilXKO3HUS8D

This seems to be working!

This worked for me!

This is what you have to add: 

spotify:user:b8Hk6MG2R_ubz6fGcCHqsA:playlist:3sdY9giwG1ddoXfn76oiq9

The user is available from the Playlist LINK: 

htps:/open.spotify.com/playlist/try3sdY9giwG1ddoXfn76oiq9?si= b8Hk6MG2R_ubz6fGcCHqsA

Thank you Penguinfly3 and others, finally we could figure it all out! Well done!!

My link ended up looking like this: THIS WORKS!

spotify:user:TfSDs4aFQ0GdGiacodYk9A:playlist:57gbYFTbNeEkw44zGrvEbg

Agree you have to take the 2nd part from the open.spotify link, and then make sure to refresh your page again before using your newly created link.

spotify:user:TfSDs4aFQ0GdGiacodYk9A:playlist:57gbYFTbNeEkw44zGrvEbg

Many Thanks, and don't forget to check out my profile on Spotify - djdenman

https://open.spotify.com/user/1t8yru5qpd2exl1169tksx1wz?si=aCSd5KheQRiVPWYAIH0D9A

and via Insta @djdenmanmusic

thanks a lot i was about to freak out and give up

Suggested posts