Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play songs in my playlist on another laptop

can't play songs in my playlist on another laptop

Hi anyone can tell me why the songs in my playlist are greyed out on my other laptop? these songs are what i locally added to my home pc. and i cannot play it on my work laptop. my tablet and phone can play thou. Why can't i play those songs? Spotify said that once i added those songs locally and create a playlist and i turn on download on other devices it'd be able to play. So why can't it play?

4 Replies

Hey @Ahvic.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The songs you see are Local files and can be played on the device where you have the files stored on. It's possible to transfer these files to your mobile device so you can use them on the go. You can see how to do this on this page.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

then what's the point of making spotify to add local files to my playlist which i cannot play on other device? I cannot download songs into mp3 is as it is stupid and dumb but this is another level of stupidty. So i actually am able to play the songs on my phone and tablet is because i didn't delete my mp3 files is it? so you are saying if i delete them on my phone and tablet that means i'll be unable to even listen to the songs in my playlist??

Hey @Ahvic.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible to sync your Local Files with another device. How to do this you can find here.

Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Well thanks for going 1 whole round and back to my original question. Why can't my laptop play the playlist that have my local files from my pc? I already followed that step you given because i know how to search around in the cyber space. But obviously you don't want to admit that Spotify is stupid because it can't download songs to mp3 and it can't play local files on another laptop/pc because i've tried on the browser also and i just cannot play those local songs. Even on my PC which have my local files. Explain that.

Suggested posts