Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot start radio from playlist

cannot start radio from playlist

NOTE: please don't give the usual advice of deleting the browser cache/cookies or reinstalling... done that already 🙂

Hi,

trying the web version from the latest chrome and Firefox stable versions on a Linux computer.

Radio doesn't start in both browsers!

It's a free Spotify account and I created a playlist with 2 tracks I like. I click on the "..." button and then on "start radio" but nothing happened!

For me it's a ideal way to start a radio for discovering new music I may like from 2 tracks "I suggest".

I'm having a hard time to switch from GPM (Google Play Music) because I ALWAYS find buggy behaviour like this, always! (and it's a basic function)

I almost exclusively use the radio function for discovering new music and not always listen to the same songs.

Thanks for help!

PS

In the Linux app the function seems to work just fine.

So many inconsitancies across the various players, so annoying and doesn't make me want to become a premium subscriber at all!

5 Replies

Have the same problem: Radio and DailyMixes are not working when using the webplayer in Chrome/Windows 10. This kind of slowly degraded over a few weeks. First I had to click around, play something else first and then start a DailyMix or playlist radio. Not that doesn't work anymore either.

I'm a permium user, so its not a problem with advertisment not working or something. Also did logout and clear all cache and cookies, didn't do anything.

This works when using the windows 10 app at home, though. Sadly I can't use anything else than the webplayer in the office, as I'm not allowed to install any software. However, as an annyoing workaround I found out that I can use my phone to remote control the webplayer, and start a DailyMix like that:

1. Start a playlist or song in the webplayer

2. Open Spotify app, it will ask if you want to continue playing in the webplayer (yes)

3. Navigate to the DailyMix you want to play and start it.

@Spotify: Please fix your stuff....playing music is like the one basic feature, right? And yes, consistency arcross all your apps and features is really needed.

Hey @nu_user and @Blubberfisch,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can read all about the Radio here. Keep in mind that sometimes we need more than 2 tracks to work with.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks @Guido, but your answer is not related to the question/issue and therefore not really helpful. Radio works as it is supposed to be when using DesktopClient or Mobile, but it doesn't do anything when using the webplayer. (Same for DailyMixes)

Hey @Blubberfisch.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

@Guido: Posted a video recording of the issue in the thread you mentioned:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Webplayer-radio-not-working/idc-p/4771180/highlight/...

Suggested posts