Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant play any song on spotify web player

cant play any song on spotify web player

I cant play any song on spotify web player, i have a linux op system and i tried on chrome and mozilla and nothing happens, no music

please help

2 Replies

Honestly I'm having the same issue and I just wanna listen to music

Hey @eoelysse and @barlmonse

There are some basic tips you can try out to get it work:

1. wipe your browser's cookies and cache

3. Refer to this article to make sure DRM content is allowed. At this point it would possibly be useful to check if the Widewine plugin is allowed to work at all (on Firefox check about:addons, under Plugins)
4. Incognito window could work. In this case some extensions might be working against the web player.

Here's a slightly more complex trick to try that targets Spotify Connect and it goes like this (leave your web player open):

1. open Spotify app on your mobile (not on windows phone) or desktop. Another computer's web player works too. For me even another browser in the same machine worked.

2. Play something in the app or another web player, then locate the 'connect to a device' button (looks like a small computer icon) and choose the web player you want to use.

This should route the playback over to the web player in question.

A third method that has worked for some users:

1. Log to your account

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times. You should also try going to your Spotify account page, hit the 'Sign Out Everywhere' button and then try the aforementioned methods again.

Let's see if any of these will work for you 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts