Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

commercial even if premium?

commercial even if premium?

Hi I have now the last days heard an Australien voice with an commercial message just here and there when listning to several pods.  I have been an premium member for years at Spotify and still is so I do not understand.  It comes in middle of talks in my pods. I tried to find an to topic already made on this but I could not. This is frustrating.  

I have gone in to opt out commercial from my account.  You can choose to opt out and Spotify send you forward to a website called webchoices. 

Will this help these strange commercial? Have any one else encountered this?

4 Replies

Hey @ladyswede

Please send screenshots of the ad and the option you see, so I can get a better visual. 🙂

Thank you!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty 

I cannot. I only hear it, nothing visual.  The last time it happened (yesterday) I looked at the app when the message came and my app did not notify anything = not able to do a screenshot. I only pressed on another episod and that worked.

However I will for next time pay more attention to what this guy (that clearly had an Australian accent) really are doing commercial for?

I can see that this sounds really crazy so I hoped that someone more did experience this to. I was thinking maybe it was a breach or something...

I can also add that the reason I did not paying this so much attention at first was that the first time this occured I thought it was the pod episod that the podders had this in the end of an episod for getting money. Then it happened again but since I was busy with other things i did not do anything.  It was not until the 3rd time I heard it and I then went to the phone. It was this time it also happened right in the middle of the pod right in an sentence....    

@ladyswede

Alright. 🙂

Does the opting out thing come with the commercial or you can actually see it somewhere on your account?

What device are you using exactly? I'd recommend reinstalling Spotify as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi again,

It stopped...Very strange...

I did however not reinstalled the app since i had dowloaded some POD casts and music to my device. I have just a simple samsung phone one of the J- models.

Thank you anyway for you quick help/answer to this.

Wish you a nice weekend.

Best regards.

Suggested posts