Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

enable q9 bit rate on Sonos

Solved!

enable q9 bit rate on Sonos

I have a premium account and use Sonos to listen to Spotify, I do not use the Spotify client.  is there a way that I can turn on the q9 higher bit rate and make it the default for Sonos?  thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah. There's a chance that some of the Spotify library is not encoded in the higher quality yet (?) but otherwise Sonos should be able to get the higher quality streams. You could try asking them in their forums or support - they're pretty responsive and they're also responsible for the implementation so if it isn't picking up the right streams it's possibly something they need to resolve

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I imagine it should be the default already?
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

Yeah. There's a chance that some of the Spotify library is not encoded in the higher quality yet (?) but otherwise Sonos should be able to get the higher quality streams. You could try asking them in their forums or support - they're pretty responsive and they're also responsible for the implementation so if it isn't picking up the right streams it's possibly something they need to resolve

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks, contacting support for the answer.

Hi,

I just got spotify and installed on my Sonos.  Did you ever get an answer from them?  If so, could you please post here?

Thanks!

Suggested posts