Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

flash requirement for webplayer in regard of Apples announcement to launch streaming service

flash requirement for webplayer in regard of Apples announcement to launch streaming service

A while ago I posted the following question to which I haven't received much feedback:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Web-Player/Web-Player-please-create-flash-free-option-and-offe...

My problem still remains:

I am using an operating system for which no flash plugin is released. Even if I used an operating system with flash plugins I would really prefer a HTML5 solution. As we all know flash is a dead technology and has no future. However, I get the impression that creating a HTML5 webplayer is no priority to spotify.

This week Apple has announced to launch its own streaming service and as we all know Apple is not very fond of flash and I am sure they will offer a HTML5 based solution just like their icloud.com portal.

I really love spotify and would like to stay a customer. I would even stay with spotify if it was more expensive but what's really crucial for me is that I have a HTML5 based webplayer.

Are there any official news or statements in this regard?

0 Replies

Suggested posts