Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

hardware - Harman/kardon - omni 20

Solved!

hardware - Harman/kardon - omni 20

Hi there,
I juste bought the omni 20 wifi speakers from Harman Kardon because i read good reviews about them which Saïd they would work with spotify connect through wifi. However, i cannot seem to make them work, as i don't see them on my 'spotify connect' screen.

Can you confirm that they are indeed compatible?

Thx
73 Replies

Ok guys, I just read that Harman Kardon is to release a new range of Omni speakers. The Omni + range. These should be released in the summer, and they promise "there's a controller app for beaming songs with either Spotify Connect of Google Cast."

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/05/harman-kardon-omni-plus-speakers/

Has anybody heard of this, or have any idea how this will effect us early adopters with the original Omni range? My fear is that there appears to be a current lack of support for the current Omni range, and at some point we will find our product is incompatible with the new software and we are forgotten about. Anybody have any thoughts, or news?

Cheers 

Bademantel

I'm still dissapointet for buying a speaker with wifi and bluetooth, that for me is useless. Wifi is useless because of bad apps by HK. And bluetooth is just anoying if I want to use my phone at the same time and not stream all my audio or random phone calls. I bought the speaker with the impression of a Spotify Connect update right around the corner, but it never happend.

Since Google released the Chromecast Audio, that have been a great the solution for me.

All our bugs are fixxed in the next line so ik can see.. we spent a lot of money but we have nothing hopefully harman comes with als sollution for us but i'm afraid we are used for feedback to make the next line great

The Harman Kardon Omni+ lineup boasts a wealth of streaming services including Google Cast for Audio, Spotify Connect, as well as other key services like MixRadio, Deezer, Qobuz and Tidal in addition to stored local content on any device accessible via the Harman Kardon Controller App. With Google Cast for Audio, hundreds of streaming services can be accessed, including Google Play Music, Pandora, TuneIn Radio, Rhapsody, and many more, allowing customers to listen to what they want, how they want, all in HD sound.

All our dreams what we had for our 1st generation omni speakers....😤

I really hope it will be the original app. bought these speakers for my dad, only received themtoday, and just found out there is a new range coming... Great. I can't exactly box them back up from my dad and say sorry you have to wait for the new range. But I really want Spotify! Tempted to email them and ask them. Surely it would not be sensible to develop an entire new app that is exclusive to the new speakers??

So I emailed Hk and a very helpful person at the other end told me that although they were not sure if there would be a new app or an updated version of the present, however it seems that they assured me that backwards compatability will be present with Spotify streaming as well as NAS functionality.

This is what I received :
'We do not know for now if there will be a different app but I can tell you for sure that there will have both NAS and Spotify and the will be fully compatible with the older Omni speakers which means that if you have only one new Omni speaker you will be able to connect it with the ones you already have and you will be able to stream via Spotify to all of them.'

may i ask how you use chromecast Music with the omni speakers, one for each room or how does it work? i have 4 omni 10 in 2 different rooms, can i play all speakers with 1 chromecast?

I only have one. I don't think Chromecast support multiple.

Does anybody knows when the New app wil be released?

So the other day i tried out the Omni 10 in my house for a few days and even audio quality with Spotify over Bluetooth wasn't really that bad. I guess i should have also tried using Wifi, because now i really have no idea of the difference. I returned the Omni 10 because i am planning on getting the 20, since it offers a better bass and overall better sound from what i understand. So now that it's clear Spotify over Wifi is not happening for these current Omni's, what other options are there? Which apps do these Omni's work fine with over Wifi? And is the app relatively bug free now?

Now that HK has announced new ones, i also saw the prices and they are a world of difference with the current ones. Especially compared to how they are priced in a few stores here. In one store they have a showroom Omni 20 (great condition) for 125 euros, that's crazy, and the 10's are like 99 euros. I believe the brand new Omni 20 is going to be 300 euros or more. So with that in mind...i'd be pretty crazy to ignore this offer. Only because Spotify doesn't work over Wifi.

Right?

You guys weren't kidding. The app is horrible.

I tried using it on my Android phone, a Galaxy S4. I was able to play a few songs and while i was just navigating through he app it just crashed. I didn't even have any other apps opened up. This is pathetic.

Is there no way to use Wifi without that pathetic app? Because i'd like to listen to my own music through the normal music player app or hell even use either Deezer or Tidal itself, but i can only do that while using the HK app?

App updated. I have two onmi 10 set up as stereo and spotify works fine via bluetooth.

Ok I have done it!! I have the surface pro 4 and I connected both speakers omni 10 to Bluetooth. Both connected successfully and simultaneously. I then opened Spotify and played music. And hey presto!

However, I noticed that once I switched one off and put it in the kitchen... The Bluetooth for that one appeared on the surface pro 4 as 'paired' and the blue light for this speaker turned off and went white.

But whenever I play music it is still synced, with one 'connected' on the surface pro 4 and the other saying status just 'paired'. They both play! So glad it wasnt just a waste of money!!

I had to write this as I found nothing online that helped. Kendo109@hotmail.com if anyone needs help!

Hi, I am a long time Spotify Premium I was happy with the Omni 10 via Bluetooth . I just bought a second Omni10. I have them set up via WiFi. The KH has only a few options to choose for streaming but not Spotify.

I need help, please. Both of my Omni 10s would not accept " reset to factory". All the Link, Bluetooth, Aux functions are non response after I tried to reset both of the Omni 10 back to bluetooth. Lucliky, some how I can play Spotify thru the Aux port of one of the Omni 10. The Bluetooth function on both Omni, Volume up and down do not function on the top pannel any more.

Please, please help. Please show me how to get my bluetooth function back. I have done a short rest, long reset, unplug both the omni 10 for 1/2 hours, they still on the WiFi mode. I just want my bluetooth function back. 

Thanks a million. I am frustrated like **bleep** since I cannot return them and I cannot use them.

Andrew

Hi, I am a long time Spotify Premium I was happy with the Omni 10 via Bluetooth . I just bought a second Omni10. I have them set up via WiFi. The KH has only a few options to choose for streaming but not Spotify.

I need help, please. Both of my Omni 10s would not accept " reset to factory". All the Link, Bluetooth, Aux functions are non response after I tried to reset both of the Omni 10 back to bluetooth. Lucliky, some how I can play Spotify thru the Aux port of one of the Omni 10. The Bluetooth function on both Omni, Volume up and down do not function on the top pannel any more.

Please, please help. Please show me how to get my bluetooth function back. I have done a short rest, long reset, unplug both the omni 10 for 1/2 hours, they still on the WiFi mode. I just want my bluetooth function back. 

Thanks a million. I am frustrated like **bleep** since I cannot return them and I cannot use them.

Andrew

I ran into a similar problem when adding another bluetooth source. With the mobile app you configure wifi and "stereo pair" in a "room". To play spotify to it is about connecting to the primary (?) speaker. In my case I was trying to bluetooth connect to the wrong speaker. Boring answer but try again and you will eventually make it!

Hi there. I should never tried to connect in to my WiFi. I am happy with the Bluetooth or Aux in. I spend 4 hours this morning, switch from an Iphone 4s to the Samsung S4. It worked for one time with one Omni 10. I tried again with stereo pair. It showed connected as a L/P pair but the sound was dead silent.It would not work . I jack around with them for couple more time, now I can get my Bluetooth back as single one not pair. So now, I have to turn bluetooth on one Omi 10 ( master one) to use the blue tooth on ther other one ( slave one ). It sucks that I cannot return them. 
At least for now, I can listen to one Omni 10 via Bluetooth. 
Very unhappy with the Harman Kardon Omni sofware.  I do not want to mess with them anymore since the reset and the WPS button do not seem to have a quality build. 
Please if you find out a solution, please let me know. I gave up. Just play with them not as the first time I took them home. Something is wrong here since I cannot get them off the WiFi mode.
Andrew

Just a guess... you need the HK app on the device that stream the music in order to link 2 Omni as a pair. Then when you stream music over bluetooth to the Master Omni, this will link it automatically to the other.

I've read in the Harman Kardom newsroom (www.news.harman.com/releases/harman-kardon-omni+-brings-wireless-hd-audio-to-every-room-in-your-home), that Spotify Connect (together with Google Cast and Apple WAC) will be included in the new line called Omni+ that will be released in Fall 2016 (and of course I decided to buy mine just before the release of the new line...lucky me.). I really hope and I strongly suggest HK to include the original Omni line in a dedicated software update, so that we, the original customers and traditional supporter of the company, can beneficiate of the new features too, without always have to switch to bluetooth.

I have not read the entire thread yet. I am considering the Omni 10's since they are much cheaper than a Sonos system in Denmark. Have any of you tried a Chromecast Audio through the Aux port on the Omni speakers? Spotify supports Chromecast (and a lot of other apps).

Chromecast Audio - Google Store

Suggested posts