Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do I report a podcast?

Solved!

how do I report a podcast?

hi, I just found some content that I don't think should be on spotify. Basically it's p0rn without video, I can provide a link to it.

it's a podcast.

my issue is that i cannot report it, the only options available are follow/share.

what can i do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @turbogay!

Firstly apologies for any distress or offense this could cause, Spotify didn't intent for this. However, Thanks for the report, Spotify take these reports extremely seriously and work hard to remove content which offends the Spotify Guidelines. You can report this by using this here. By following the instructions and this will be actioned as quickly as possible by the right teams.

Any issues, let me know.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @turbogay!

Firstly apologies for any distress or offense this could cause, Spotify didn't intent for this. However, Thanks for the report, Spotify take these reports extremely seriously and work hard to remove content which offends the Spotify Guidelines. You can report this by using this here. By following the instructions and this will be actioned as quickly as possible by the right teams.

Any issues, let me know.

The linked article does not provide any guidance on reporting podcasts.

Hi @zafodB

If you follow the article above there is a mention of the ‘Contact Form’ if you click this and follow it through you’ll have the option to report content that violates Spotify’s guidelines

1F0F9C26-43DA-45E5-A580-C022B06B07B1.png

Even trying to respond to this f#%%ing thread has been a problem! The reason I was trying to respond was, as usual, the answer was of no help at all. Everything about this stupid company seems to designed to further damage my mental health, yet I pay for this pleasure!

JFC I understand your frustration. I just stumbled onto a podcast containing literally **bleep**ing pedophilia (HOW WAS THIS APPROVED?) and I'm desperate to report**bleep**.

I meann why is aNime po*n in spotify ? Who even approved of it ? 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

If you want to report any content we highly suggest that you follow @EthanS1 link that was provided in on of the answers above.

If you don't know how to follow the steps that's provided in the article, let u know where you get stuck so that we can continue helping you.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I tried using the desktop application, using the web player, browser on phone and spotify app and there was no option to report the podcast or any episode of it that I believe should be removed for breaking policy/guidelines

You can contact the Customer Service team. You can chat with them, so you can tell them your problem. It worked for me and did not take long.

I can't seem to find a customer service team/support chat. That's why I came here. If you have a link I would appreciate it. Or at least some kind of guidance on where to find this live chat. If there's an option here to help alleviate the issue for people here then it would be extremely helpful to have it. Thanks.

jeez things are getting worse and worse with this app

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

If you want to report a content, you can head here and get in touch with our support team. The folks there can look into this further.

If you get an error message while in the process, you can send us a screenshot of it so we can investigate this further.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I'm on the web player on Desktop using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. For the first time, I want to report an episode on a podcast. How to do this was not straight forward or easily accessible and it also wasn't intuitive, and I wanted to express my experience with trying to figure this out.

I don't understand why I need the Desktop app in order to use the report feature, or why a report feature is not available on the web player or the mobile app versions. I also don't understand why I need to open a support ticket through the contact page in order to report podcast content.

This is the only platform/online streaming service that I use that asks us to essentially write an email to a support team to start investigating an issue. I'll eventually get used to it but I find it unintuitive and bizarre. I'm used to local utility company websites having old fashioned ways of doing things, but not a company like Spotify.

Screenshot (4235).png

I cannot listen to conjoint podcast I've made and I cannot reach a guy who I did it with.

Here is the link https://open.spotify.com/episode/7wVq1H49tRbFcel48VwlKH?si=037387d7ae5c4134

How to get the content again?

Hey @milboj33,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We appreciate the time you took to report this. You can check this article to learn how to report it.

The way the content is displayed in the app is the way that it was submitted by the artist or podcasters, but since you mentioned you couldn't reach them, you can report any technical issues you noticed by following the steps of the article mentioned above.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts