Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to use spotify connect on a windows phone

Solved!

how to use spotify connect on a windows phone

Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a windows phone and although I didn't seem to have any problem using spotify connect to control my music playing on the ps4 with my previous IPhone, I just can't seem to be able to do so with my lumia 640.

the connect icon doesen't even appear and if I try to control the playlist on either device it just stops the music playing on the previous.

Of course I'm premium btw.

would anyone who encountered the same issue please help me out?

Must appreciated for every viewer, kind regards.

Cheers,

neogeo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

On Windows Phone function Connect is not available.

Have a nice day.

Jyrziu :d

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

On Windows Phone function Connect is not available.

Have a nice day.

Jyrziu :d

Why?

Why is connect not available in my Spotify Windows 10 Mobile App??

On my Windows 10 Computer ist it possible

Hey there.

Spotify Connect is not developed into Spotify app on Windows phone.

There is no news when it will be here.

Connect works on Windows, Mac, Android and iPhone/iPad.

this is very, very, very bad!!!

....very disappointed

i take a look to apple music.... 😉

There is a valid alternative call unified remote.

You can use it for free for basic commands, there is also a day trial for the complete version!

Why?

what is the reason the Connect functionality isn't working on a Windows Mobile Phone?

I have six Premium users in my family/house, with three Gramofon's in the house on different locations.  Two sons of my have a Lumia and aren't able to use Spotify in the optimum way.

Same here. Premium user and I cannot user Connect on my Windows Phone. There are several casting apps that are availble that work with my Chromecast Audio. So why the hold up on this feature for the Windows Phone. UWP his here.

It is sad that after two years of customers complaining about this they have still not done anything to fix this. Windows users are paying customers, just like Android and ios users, and we deserve the same features that every single other platform is getting. To take our money and not even attempt to give us the features we are paying for is shameful.

Please provide Connect butoon or I am going to make a very big stinking pile about this all over the internet. We are no different that Android and iOS users and we pay and deserve the same features. You are being bias and that is rood and disrepectful. It would be like saying that long hair hypie people need not apply.

how is this a solution?

It's no solution... To spotify we Windows-Users are people of third class. It can't be that hard to bring the UWP-App on the phone but they don't want to, god knows why. Ireally hate it. I've got a Lumia 950 and a Xbox One and even so it's both made by microsoft it doesn't get the chance to work together...

there is a solution. Turn on airplane mode, start spotify, go to your playlists, turn off  airplane mode. It works sometimes.

Suggested posts