Premium

Country

USA + Ireland

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

When I'm connected to my Sonos devices via Spotify on my iPhone and I use the 'Find in liked songs', I'm unable to tap on a song to play it. This only happens when I'm connected to Sonos, it doesn't affect when playing from bluetooth devices or playing from my iPhone speakers. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem doesn't go away. I'm able to tap on a song to play it in all other contexts. I've had this frustrating problem for a while and have generally just given up in the past. Now that I have a giant library, it's tough to scroll and find songs.

6 Replies

Hi there @gunnar10,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you tell us if this started happening a while back or it was always like this? It'd also be helpful if you send us a photo or a screenshot where we can see how the interface looks from your end when you're connected to your Sonos speaker.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Alex,

Thanks for replying. I've attached a picture of what the interface looks like when it stops responding to touches only when connected to my Sonos device. This bug has always existed as far as I can remember. 

Thanks

IMG_2196.png

Hey @gunnar10,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to check if the devices are on the latest operating system versions available. We'd suggest you also try relinking your Spotify account in the Sonos app.

Does the issue occur when you try connecting your Sonos with another device?

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

@Ver:

The issue occurs on my iPad Pro as well. I've been able to reproduce this bug on any Sonos system I connect to. All my devices are running the latest OS and my Sonos devices are up to date as well. I believe anyone should be able to reproduce this bug using any Apple iOS device and a Sonos system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Sonos + Spotify apps and have noted the bug continues to occur. I hope you can forward this to your engineering team to try and see if they can reproduce and fix it.

Thanks!

gunnar10

Hey @gunnar10,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We passed your information and feedback to the right team. The folks there will investigate this further. We'll keep you posted here.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hey @gunnar10,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We suggest you head over to this ongoing issue thread, where you can add your vote to show that you are experiencing the issue.

Make sure to subscribe to the thread, to be notified of any updates we have to share. We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks again!

Suggested posts