Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

last.fm scrobbling doesn't work (desktop)

last.fm scrobbling doesn't work (desktop)

I have tried everything; I re-installed spotify many times and tried to disconnect my last.fm account for a while before connecting it again. I even tried the lastfm spotify scrobbler.

Still, when I listen songs on spotify they don't scrobble to my last.fm. They show up fine on my last.fm feed, but after the song ends the song just disappears. Sometimes first 1-2 songs scorbble correctly, but everything after that just doesn't go through at all.

Mobile app works just fine. Please fix this. Thank you.

4 Replies

I have the exact same issue. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, connecting, and disconnecting everything. This cropped up for me at almost the exact same time Last.fm/Spotify moved over to this new "Spotify Scrobbling" application, but even removing and adding this again hasn't helped.

The same problem.

Yesterday there was a general problem with the Spotify API when using the new Last.fm feature of Spotify scrobbling which you can enable in your applications settings. Today it should work normally again. By the way, the internal scrobbling of Spotify's apps does not work anymore, so the new feature is the only way to scrobble now.

This problem has been going on for a couple of weeks, not just yesterday. Neither spotify internal scrobbling nor lastfm spotify scrobbling work.

What do you mean by internal scrobbling doesn't work anymore? It works just fine on mobile app.

Suggested posts